24

Josie's pov

It was about five in the morning the next day when Elena came back. The feeling itself was foreign. It felt like a part of me had returned but with it a plus one. I didn't know what it would feel like - having two wolves - but this wasn't what I had imagined. I could feel the familiarity of Elena but at the same time the other wolf felt more like a block, heavy against my mind. 

After that I couldn't sleep. My mom stirred awake, eyes slowly opening. She quickly sat up, looking me over before asking if I was alright. She had decided to sleep in my room to make sure that I got some sleep.

"My head feels like an over-crowded room" I sighed.

Elena still hadn't said anything, but being able to feel her was enough comfort for now. My mom pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm not sure how to help, or how you must be feeling. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this but I think it would be best to have a talk with John so that we know what this is, and what to do next." She said tenderly.

"I don't know if I want to know." I pulled away from her and got out of the bed.

"I don't need this." I stressed. " I'm just a teenager, I'm supposed to be worrying about school, my friends, Leo - not some curse. Elena can't talk to me, what if there's something seriously wrong? And now I have this thing in my head. What will happen now? Can I even be with Leo if this thing wants him dead? I just want it to all be a bad dream."

"Josie, there's nothing wrong with wanting it to go away, you didn't ask for this honey, but it's happening. You and me remember, forever. Now come over here, and let your mommy cuddle you." She outstretched her arms, encouraging me. 

We stayed like that for a while, just embracing.

"It's a little early but I'm dying for a snack, what do you say? I'll fix us something tasty." She kissed my cheek before hopping out of bed. I followed her to the kitchen before settling on one of the stools. I watched my mom get a few ingredients out before throwing me an apron, I caught it with a confused look on my face.

"I thought you were cooking?" I asked.

"Sorry for the betrayal, but you'll be helping. Just to keep you busy for a while."

I got up reluctantly, but a tad grateful. I did need a distraction. We ended up making more food than we initially planned. We realized this when the kitchen ladies showed up, meaning we had been in the kitchen for more than three hours. 

"Good morning" I greeted politely.

"Good morning ladies, so much food. We came in to make breakfast for the house but it seems you beat us to it." One of them said and the others laughed.

"I suppose we got carried away." My mother laughed. "Maybe you can give everyone this instead, can't let food go to waste and plus my cooking is not too bad."

"That'd be lovely, I'm sure the Alpha will be happy to know who prepared the food." One of the ladies said before they all started getting plates and dishing out. The Alpha, Luna and Leo would be eating our food? How insane was that. A brilliant idea clicked into my head when I saw the pancakes. I quickly took some red syrup and wrote as neatly as I could on top of one of the stacks of pancakes.

I'm sorry 

I asked one of the ladies to give the plate to Leo specifically. She looked down at the writing but didn't question it.

"Oh miss, you won't be joining for breakfast?"

"Not today, I'm not feeling too good."

"I'll make sure he gets it."