14

Josie's pov

I woke up alarmed by a burning sensation in my lungs. I coughed, trying to figure out exactly where I was. It was dark but my eyes were open, the slight irration on both sides of my head made me realize that I was blind folded.

I was on the floor. I couldn't move my legs and my arms were tied behind me. Again - the breathing. I coughed ,wheezed, my lungs were burning and I didn't know what to do.

"Hello! Someone help me!" I screamed which caused another string of coughs to break through.

"Shut up before you kill yourself" I heard a voice say. It was a man.

"The burning should wear off in a few ,until then just try to stay calm"

Stay calm? I was kidnapped and this pot head wants me to stay calm.

"You want me to stay calm?! You hog tied me on the floor and you expect me to stay calm." I exclaimed.

"What could you possibly want from me, I don't have money, but if that's what you want then I can arrange it, just let me go" I cried, pulling on my restraints.

"We don't want your money, stupid girl." He cursed, like he was annoyed.

After a while of me sobbing like a little girl he spoke up again. "I really wonder what's so special about you" I heard the distaste in his voice even before my chin was roughly pulled up from the floor. I cried out at the sudden pain.

"You're just a simple thing. All this trouble for you. I was waiting for some sort of princess." I felt his breath against the side of my face before he threw my head back.

"Can you stop that now, imagine I'd the boss catches you" I heard another voice say, he sounded much younger than the bastard.

"What he doesn't know won't kill him, and anyways I wasn't doing anything bad, just a bit of chit chat." The other chuckled deeply. I already despised the first one, aka bastard.

I was cold and being pressed to the floor wasn't helping. What did these people want from me?

"Come on Rookie, don't be a softly, you have to grow a back bone" The bastard said, I assumed to the younger one who's name was Rookie. Obviously a nickname.

"We're suppose to take care of her" Rookie said and a second later I felt myself being hoisted up and onto a chair.

"Get her something to drink" Rookie said "It'll help with the burning"

I heard a long silence before large boots stomped on the floor.

"Sorry about that, he's always like that." He laughed lightly as he tied my hands to the chair along with my feet. I winced when he pulled it too tight. "Sorry" he muttered. Why was he so polite with his words but the opposite with his actions?

"Why am I here?" I asked ,my voice echoing the fear that I tried to hide.

"I can't tell you that" he answered simply. Making me feel more nervous.

"What do you want with me? I want to go home, let me go, I won't say a word" I pleaded.

"I can't do that my pretty lady. I'll be a dead man If I do" he chuckled.

I felt like telling him that the Alpha of the pack was my mate and that if he set me free then I could get him some sort of special protection, but I kept my mouth shut. They could keep me here for longer if they knew who my mate was, they might even ask for ransom just to get something out of it. So far it seems as if they didn't know and I would keep it that way.

"Can you at least tell me who wants me here" I pleaded.

"No" he answered before I felt something cold press against the corner of my mouth. "Drink" he ordered. I refused.

He pushed the drink into my mouth and I spat it all out.

"I'm not drinking anything you give me." I shook my head, trying to get the taste of whatever that was off my taste buds.

"She's ungrateful" the Bastard growled.

"You don't know me" I mumbled.

"You're lucky you're needed in one piece or else I would've taught you a lesson myself" The bastard said and I cringed at the double meaning behind his words. How disgusting.

I took a moment to analyze everything. One second the doorbell rang and the next I was here. I could barely remember anything after the doorbell. I didn't know where I was and if I'd come out of this alive. I only knew that I was safe for now because I was untouchable it seems. More tears ran down my cheeks, and a small cry escaped my lips when I thought of never seeing my mom again. I realized I was alone. My mom, my best friends, Leo. I couldn't leave them now. I didn't want to , I still had so much to do, so many things to experience.

I know there are people who haven't lived longer than myself but I couldn't accept it. I had to get out of here, and I was afraid I had to count on myself to do it. Juliet had left this morning and according to her I was probably still at home where she had left me. My mom would probably be at work, believing I'm safe.

My mate was suppose to come today if I didn't go to him. I wondered if he'd already gotten there. Would he think that I just ran away or would he be able to tell that something is off? I hoped it was the latter because honestly I needed a rescue.

I didn't know how long I sat there but my butt was numb, my hands were aching. Everything was uncomfortable and I could still feel the strain on my neck from where that guy yanked me. If only I could get up and stretch. I struggled against the rope, like in one of those spy movies where it somehow works out for them after hours of rubbing their wrists together.

It felt like hours until I heard the door open. My heart started beating faster, who knew what was going to happen to me?

"Its time to get you ready, you can't meet with the boss looking like that." The bastard said calmly.

He picked me up and started walking.

"I can walk by myself" I said, not liking being touched by him one bit. He laughed but still didn't reply or put me down.

"I said I can walk" I repeated, my wolf not liking to be ignored by this male.

"I heard you the first time, I'm not taking the rope off your feet, can't take any chances with you" he said. His voice disgustingly close.

With the way he was holding me, I'd say he was already taking chances with me. I could literally feel his breath and it made my skin crawl. Was it too late to get Rookie, I hated him much less, at least he tried to be nice.

He walked into a cold room, or maybe the window was open, was it night time already?

I was suddenly thrown onto something soft and bouncy, a bed. I heard the door close.

I pushed myself up suddenly on high alert, my mind already thinking of the worst.

****

This one even made me feel nervous. I can't believe what's actually happening and I'm writing this book😓

-Monalisi