20

Leo's pov

We had all been trying to be as quiet as possible in order to not be detected, but that fell through very quickly when we were spotted by some men who were wandering around the premises.

My father's plan of infiltrating and attacking from the inside changed as he ordered our men to get ready to defend themselves.

I couldn't even explain the rush that was flowing through my body, the adrenaline was intoxicating. It was the same one I had everytime I joined my father when he went to fight with neighboring packs, or fight rogues who refused to behave and live in peace.

Before I knew it, men in numbers barged out of the building, all shifting spontaneously and charging at us. I was surprised at their viciousness. A part of me believed there would be some words exchanged before any violence but I think the Alpha stepping onto their territory was enough to get them riled up.

My father called out to our men, reminding us of why we were here and that he'd always be filled with pride fighting beside such loyal men. He looked me over before shifting. No matter how many times I saw my father's wolf, it was impressive, and to think I'd be that big one day.

I slipped past our men and hid behind a tree, trying to spot the easiest way to enter the house. I remembered what my father had told me prior to our leave. I'd go in and rescue Josie while he took down the Kaen. I had to push down the urge to just barge in there without thinking, the full moon wasn't helping my primal instincts, but I had to be clear headed in order to safely get in and out with my mate by my side.

I noticed a back door that looked unoccupied. I walked deeper into the forest, circling the house. Only a few men were going in and out. The commotion in the front seemed to be all they were focusing on. I walked towards the door unspotted.

The second I stepped in, I came face to face with a man who looked twice my age. Before he could say anything my fist flew successfully knocking him out. The man went flying and landed a few feet from me. I stretched out my fingers, the pain quickly subsiding.

My wolf howled in glee, happy to see the people who had our mate in pain.

I'm sure the man's jaw was broken.

Why pity those who have stolen what's ours? My wolf asked me.

It wasn't pity, just an observation. I felt Adriaan pushing himself to the surface and most times I could control him but with the full moon - I was forced to take a back seat.

I had no doubt he'd get the job done, we were like two peas in a pod. While we thought the same he was more aggressive when it came to everything, he acted quickly while I liked to observe situations more.

Too slow Leo, don't you want to find our mate?

I knew he was just teasing since he already knew how much I wanted her back.

I stalked down the hallway, successfully fighting off any one I ran into. There was far less people than I expected. I stopped in my tracks when a scent hit my nostrils.

I walked into a room that looked like a bedroom and her scent was everywhere. The scent itself brought so much agony, for Adriaan felt the separation the most. I looked at my reflection, my eyes almost completely black.

"No more time for cat and mouse, where is she?" I growled marching into every room I could possibly find. I slowed down towards the last door when I heard a noise, it sounded like shouting.