9

Josie's pov

Those unfamiliar sparks travelled all the way down my back, it made me feel all warm on the inside and safe. I thought it was a burglar trying to rob me but realising that it was him made me feel safe and slightly put me on edge.

"You" I stuttered.

"Yes Josephine" I paused,

"me" he smiled down at her.

How did he even find me, never mind that question, he's the Alpha's son so I'm sure he's very connected around the pack. I couldn't even think of any words to say at that moment. Being this close to him, pressed up against him, put my brain on hold. I was glad he pressed me against the wall, I don't think I'd be able to look at his face.

"You should really lock your doors, you wouldn't want creeps or unwanted people walking in" he whispered.

His breath caressed the side of my face, my breath hitched and I wish it hadn't, I already felt defensless against him so why would I want him to see that. I leaned into his body involuntary, I don't know what I was thinking but I wanted to be closer, so far he didn't show any signs of being a psychopath so my fear was simmering down.

"Just imagine if some other guy came in and held you just like I am" his voice grew deeper.

His grip on my hand tightened, but it wasn't painful,  it was just the right amount of pressure. Is it wrong that I was liking being this close to him, too much, he is my mate so it's probably just our bond but I was having thoughts a girl like me never thought, and I mean never. Boys were never important to me,

"Well thank goodness it's just you" I looked him in the eye.

Where on earth did that come from 'well thank goodness it's just you' , was that the best thing I could think of,  I really needed to work on my flirting skills, wait  am I even flirting. What am I thinking? I don't know the first thing about talking to a boy,

'but he's not just any boy Josie,  he's your mate' Elena said.

'You don't know how happy I am to hear you, where were you all this time?' I praised her.

'don't worry I'm here now, i couldn't miss seeing this" she squealed.

"Your speaking to your wolf" he suddenly interrupted, but I wouldn't call it interrupting.

"How did you know?" I asked curiously, he still held me firmly against him and I had a feeling he wasn't going to let go anytime soon.

"I can see it in your eyes, there's little shades of brown dancing in there, it's like your eyes are sparkling, you can only see it if you pay close attention, but I just think its an Alpha thing" he smiled boldly.

All I heard was blah blah dancing blah blah blah brown eyes blah blah and other stuff blah blah you're beautiful , but I think I added the last part myself but it wouldn't hurt if he had said it.

"Ok" I agreed even if I didn't know what I was agreeing to.

"Now you want to kill me with a banana" he teased me and turned me around so I was facing him. The banana still in my hand.

I've learned on my years of living that I could easily scare the living daylights out of someone if I threatened them with something they couldn't see and a banana seemed to be the perfect weapon in substitute for a gun.

"You don't know bananas can inflict some serious damage" I warned him.

He smiled "Really, are you going to split me" he teased.