1

Josie's pov

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday my dear Josie, happy birthday to you" my mom finished singing for me and clapped her hands in joy.

"Blow out your candles honey" my mom pushed my birthday cake across the table so that it ended up in front of me. I quickly blew out all eighteen of my candles. My mom cheered.

After that me and my mom started eating my birthday cake while watching one of our favorite shows, In His hands. It was about what happens when mother's leave their children at home with their father's for a relaxing day at the spa. Some of the dad's knew how to take care of their children but some dads were just useless, he didn't even know who Barney was. Unbelievable.

The cake honestly, is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life, my mom baked it and it tastes better than the ones you actually buy,

"Thank you mom for another awesome birthday" I smiled lovingly at her. She put her plate down and gave me a hug . "You know I love you very much"

This was how I spent most of my time and all my birthdays ever since I was ten and we moved here away from him. I sincerely believe it was the best decision my mom ever made. I never understood why she had stayed with him for ten years anyways.

He is the worst thing that has ever happened to us.

Flashback

"You have to start colouring inside of the drawings if you want good marks at at school , alright." My mother scolded me for coloring outside the lines. We were sitting on the dining room table finishing up my homework.

"That's exactly what Miss Prezly said at school, she also teaches the big kids". I said

My moms face turned hard" And don't you go near the big kids ,you hear me, your in preschool,, play with kids your age" .

" I promise" I smiled at my mom.
"Good" she rubbed my back.

Then suddenly I heard a loud bang and the front door flew open hitting the wall on the side.

He walked in and glared at my mom. "Daddy?" I called out.

He glared at me "Just shut up" he shouted back.

My mom quickly pulled me and stood in front of me hiding me from him. "Have some respect for your daughter" my mother said.

"Who are you to tell me what to do" he shouted back.

"I'm your mate and you need to stop being so goddamn angry all the time, I'm tired of this" she cried out.

"You open your mouth one more time, " he threatened.

At this point I was already crying, my mom turned around and looked at me "go to your room " she whispered . I quickly took off running up the stairs as fast as my little legs could carry me. I stopped at the top and looked down just as my father hit my mother to the ground. "Mommy!" the scream broke through my throat.

"Shut up or you'll be next" he threatened me and I ran to my room and hid in the closet, I put my hands over my ears to try to stop my moms cries from reaching them.

From that day on, everything just went downhill, he got more angrier and my mom looked like she was getting weaker, I promised myself that one day when I was big enough I would give him a taste of his own medicine.

End of flashback

"Josie as you know, now that your eighteen you'll be able to find your mate" she started off nervously.

"I know, and I hope I'll never find him, I don't want a mate, after what your mate did to you, to us, I don't want that" I reassured her

She visibly relaxed and gave me a smile "Your my baby and I don't want you to ever go through anything like that again, my mate didn't love me or he had a funny way of showing it but that doesn't matter, your happiness comes first to me, don't you ever forget" she said to me.

I didn't want to find my mate, heck even my wolf was scared of the thought of our mate, like me she can't forget the hell we went through. She is truly scared and I can't blame her. I'm scared too.

"I'll be careful don't worry, is it okay if I go out for smoothies with kacey and Janelle, they wanted to celebrate my birthday with me". I was so happy that my birthday was on a Saturday, that meant no school . Even if this was my last year of highschool ,I still got tired of it.

"Sure honey, but don't be out too late" my mom said as she got up and went to her room. Our house wasn't a two storey house like our previous one but it was fairly big, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, study, living room, dinning room and laundry and an awesome backyard with a lot of space to run.

I quickly got off the coach and walked to my room. It was cold out today, the sun was shining but that was all it was doing; shining. It didn't provide any warmth whatsoever. I decided on wearing my black coat and my white long sleaved shirt and a pair of fuzzy black boots over my blue jeans. I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket.

I walked out of my room and stopped by my mom's room. I opened it and she looked up at me from where she was seated on top of the bed. She was reading a book with her reading glasses on. I mouthed her a "bye" . She motioned for me to come in with her finger. I walked in and stood there awkwardly. She looked me up and down "turn" she commanded and I did a full revolution. "I approve " she smiled at me.

"Like always mom, you never not approve of any of my outfits." I was always secretly happy that I looked like my mom, you couldn't see any of my father's features, at the end of the day I am my mothers daughter. I look just like her, sadly except my eyes, got those from my father. I love fashion just like she does, I love to cook just like she does. She is practically my best friend.

I waved goodbye to my mother and closed her door gently, I walked out grabbing my spare keys so I could leave the door locked. I got out of the house, locked the door and hopped onto my motorcycle, the engine roared to life and I started on my journey. The place where I was meeting my friends was at the mall which is about ten minutes away.

While I was riding on the road, I looked to the side and saw a bunch of small wolves biting and playing with each other. That picture made me smile.

I honestly love this pack, the people here are so sweet and kind. I was in this pack for as long as I can remember, when me and my mother moved, we did go far but not so far that we wouldn't be part of this pack, we just moved to the other side of the town. When we moved our new neighbours were so kind to us, they baked us a cake. The Silver Dawn Pack is just plain awesome.

************

Thank you all for joining the "Hiding from my Alpha" plane. Please buckle your seatbelts because you are in for a flight of a lifetime. Destination : Unknown

-Monalisi