3

Josie's pov

I slowly woke up when I felt the morning sun burn through my eyelids.

"Mom" I groaned and fell back into my pillow.

She chuckled and threw me a red fabric, my hand shot up and quickly grabbed it. "What's this" I asked while I was eyeing it.

"Well it's a dress silly" my mom said as she walked and sat at the corner of my bed. I eyed the drsss for a while until i noticed I was looking at the wrong end of the dress, i quickly turned it around and i was utterly starstruck .It had a sweetheart neckline and tiny diamonds over the bodice and it seemed to be tighter by the waist and knee length. 

I jumped out of bed and crushed my mom with one of my famous hugs. "Thank you so much" I squealed and started kissing my mom all over her face. She giggled and pushed me off her "Thats enough loving for one morning" she breathed out.

"Why'd you get me this dress, not that I'm complaining or anything" I asked. I love it when my mom buys me things, and she never dissapoints me.

"Well we're going to a party and i wanted you to look extra beautiful because I want you to meet a friend of mine" she said and looked down.

"A friend, does this friend happen to be named Derek." I asked eyeing my mom suspiciously.

My mom coughed at the mention of his name " Do you know Derek" she asked , i could tell by the way she said it that she was nervous.

"Your not very discreet when you're on the phone" This was very true, even if she was in her room I could hear her whole conversation. My mom speaks so softly to  everyone except if she's really angry. I asked her once why she was so loud on the phone and she looked at me like I had asked the most stupid question in the world, after a few seconds of her staring at me she finally replied "Obviously I want the person on the phone to be able to hear me," with her duhh tone. I just left it at that. One thing you should know, never get into an argument with my mom unless your prepared to lose or prepared to get brutally embarrassed.

"I really want you to meet him" she said with such sincerity in her voice.

"You know I'm waiting for the day you find someone who you will love, even if he's not your mate, mom I want you to be happy" I smiled

"Thank you honey but right now your my only happiness," She kissed me on the forehead

She got up and walked towards the door "Hurry up and shower you have one hour to get ready, and pair that dress with the white heels you wore at Aunt Lauren's wedding"

I quickly got up and got out of my room and walked to the bathroom. I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth and walked back to my room.

I keep on begging my mom to get me a bathroom connected to my room so I don't have to walk down that stupid hallway to my room every time. It gets extremely wierd, especially when people come over and just wander around the house. Just imagine walking back to your room with nothing but a small towel wrapped around you and you bump into your chemistry teacher, yep my mom invited my chemistry teacher over, turns out their friends. At least she's a woman because it would've been so awkward if I ran into one of my male teachers. The thought itself sent shivers down my spine. Not the good kind

I chose to wear my blue bra and underwear, I quickly put the dress on and it looked amazing, the waist hugged my body perfectly, and the diamonds looked perfect. I know I don't have the best body in the world but is there really a body people can tag as the "best". My mom always said there's no room for self esteem issues. She always made me feel better about myself, especially in my early teenage years. She'd always say "You only have one head so if you think its too big then what, your not going to get another one, love yourself the way you are" That one was funny , that was way before I grew and my head looked normal.

I straightened my hair and applied light make up. I looked in my closet and found my white heels. I remembered how these shoes murdered my feet at Aunt Lauren's wedding. Aunt Lauren is my mom's sister. Although she lives on the other side of the world , we are very close. Don't get me wrong I love all kinds of shoes from sneakers to pumps to heels , even gladiator shoes but these heels are on another  level of high.

I put them on and looked at myself in the mirror. Wow I look . . .

"Beautiful"

I looked back and saw my mom leaning against the door smiling at me. She was already dressed in a beautiful creme dress and white flats.

"Why do you get to wear flats" I whined

"Because you're young and I'm old" She smiled sweetly at me.

"Very funny mom" I fake laughed and sat on my bed.

"Fine you can wear your red flats if your afraid to fall on all the people at the party." She sighed.

I squealed and peeled the shoes off of me and grabbed my flats and put them on.

"I think it looks better like this" I stated as I twirled around.

"Yeah yeah, grab your bag and let's go" she left my room.

I grabbed my white bag and followed my mom down to the kitchen. I sat down at the table and my mom slid a plate of pancakes in front of me "Eat up"

I happily obliged and ate the pancakes.

*******

"Hurry up or we'll be late" my mom scolded as she dragged me out of the car and started fast walking to the building. I on the other hand was trying to keep my privates to myself. The wind was blowing my dress left and right and my bag was seconds from slipping off my arm.

"Mom we're already here , stop rushing" I cursed under my breath when I nearly tripped on a stone.

My mom stopped at the double doors and quickly fixed her dress and flipped her hair to one side. She pushed the door open and walked in. I followed.

The house was almost full but my mom and I had reserved seats in the front. Let's just my mom loves these kinds of parties , they had them nearly every week to thank people for being people, don't get me wrong I love it too but she Looves it.

We took our place and sat down. There was a choir singing, the songs were very youthy and vibrant.

The host of the party finally arrived. The setting was beautiful. I even recorded it on my phone. It was soon over so my mom took my hand and lead me out of the mass of people until we stopped in front of a very handsome gentleman.

"Josie this is Derek"

"Derek this is my daughter Josie"

She introduced us. So this is the famous Derek. I took out my hand and gave him a handshake.

"Its very nice to meet you finally, your mother has told me a lot about you" he said.

"Well I've heard a few things about you too" I said and looked at my mother, she looked happy.

He looked kind of shocked that my mom had mentioned him, well she did mention him, in a way. But he quickly covered it with a smile and I knew why my mom was so so quiet.

I'm making it my mission to get these two together.

-------------

Hello readers

I'd just like to say, Love yourself the way you are. Don't change for anybody. If someone doesn't like you because your different or as I call it "unique" , don't give them the attention they don't deserve, Its their loss anyways.

-Monalisi
😙😙😙

.