12

Josie's pov

"I really don't want to leave you alone" Juliet said as she was packing her bags.

"It's fine, you'll be gone for two days only" I said also making sure.

"Yes ,I promise I'll be back as soon as I'm done" she said watching me like I'd die or something whilst she was away.

"I'll be perfectly fine, worst that can happen is that I die of boredom" I laughed but I stopped when I met her serious eyes.

"Don't open for strangers"

"I got it"

"Lock the door at 6, just to be safe"

"Don't worry"

"Call me if you need anything, no matter how small"

"I promise I will, you have nothing to worry about."

She kissed my forehead ,something I had picked up she loved doing. I smiled warmly at her, she had been so nice to me. I missed my mom but she made the ache better.

"I'm sorry for waking you up so early, I just wanted to say goodbye" she laughed putting the last of her things away.

"It's okay, it's not that early anyways" I lied checking the time, it was only a few minutes past five in the morning and I probably would've been mad if I wasn't already awake. I couldn't sleep.

Leo was coming today, he was coming to get me.

Juliet checked her phone and cursed "My ride is here" she ran into the bathroom and came out with more of her things, one thing about Juliet was that she was not an organized person.

I picked up a few of her bags, wondering why she had so many things if she was only going to be gone for two days.

"I'll take these to the front" I said watching her in amusement as she thanked me absent-mindedly.

Five minutes later she came in running with her bags around her arms, a loose scarf and a fedora on her head.

"You look like you're going on vacation " I commented.

She laughed "Goodbye Josie"

"Bye Juliet"

I watched as a driver got out of the car and picked up her bags, he put them all in the back of car. He turned around and nodded in my direction, I waved at him and he got into the driver's seat. Juliet opened her door before waving at me.

I watched curiously. Not once did I ask her what she did for work. Who knows maybe she was an undercover spy, or a stripper.

Once the car was out of view I stepped back and closed the door. I sighed ,the reality of my situation hitting me.

Leo was coming today and that fact alone had me excited and petrified at the same time. I still wasn't a hundred percent sure about my decision.

But I was going to go with him, whether I would regret it which I highly doubted or I would love it which I'm sure I will, my mind had already been made up.

I was going to be with my mate and the thought itself had me dancing around the living room. I stopped once I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I touched my face, my hand tracing the smile that seemed to be permanently etched on my face, my whole face was glowing and I fan-girl screamed , jumping up and down.

I calmed myself down but I couldn't stop smiling. I walked myself to my room, realizing that it was still too early to be awake, too early to even think of him arriving.

I fell on bed, my thoughts wondering to Leo and if he were awake right now thinking of me. I felt bad, I hesitated with my mate, the one person meant for me - well that doesn't count since my mom didn't have such a wonderful mate, I got scared but who could blame me, I hadn't had such a wonderful example growing up.

I still had no right to judge my mate before I even got to know him, just because my dad didn't treat my mom right didn't mean that my mate would turn out the same. I was still paranoid though, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be at the pack house -I assume that's where he'd take me.

To meet his parents, two people who I have heard so many good things about, they led our pack to greatness and bettered the lives of so many people, even the people I know from my own neighborhood.

I was honestly petrified about the whole thing, could I really be what this pack needed, could I continue the works of our Luna? She had raised the standards so high and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to reach them.

What if Leo didn't want me anymore because I couldn't live up to my duties? What if he rejected me? I know he wouldn't, I pray he wouldn't. I'd die without him.

I inhaled a sharp breath, I didn't know him but I knew who he was to me and I wanted to get to know him, I was paired with him for a reason and I had this fantasy of us being together.

Maybe I was a little boy crazy, but he was mine after all.

I got up deciding to take a shower since it was evident that I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon and I needed to do something for time to pass by quickly.

I was glad that Juliet wasn't here, I didn't need her grilling me with questions about today's events. My mom knew about my decision and I felt as though that was enough for now. I was sure I'd call Juliet once I got to the pack house, just to tell her I was okay, I'd call my mom too.

I was thankful my mom had her car back, I don't know how Juliet got it back to her but I was grateful for both of them.

I finished my shower, my nerves seemed to have increased and I didn't know what else to do. I looked at the clothes I had brought, wondering what I could possibly wear. I wanted to to look presentable. I was just so excited to see him again.

Those green eyes.

I decided on a blue dress, it stopped mid-thigh and had diamond detail on the waist ,I traced the sweetheart neckline and looked at myself in the mirror. I hoped that I didn't look like I tried too hard. I braided my hair to the side and pinned it in place. I paired my outfit with white flats.

Was make-up too much? I stared at my reflection and thought 'why not'. I got into Juliet's room and grabbed her make-up kit.

I was applying a moderate amount of blush when I heard a knock at the door. My hand froze in the air as I registered that there was someone at the door.

And that person was still knocking.

I got up not knowing what to do with myself. My hands were shaking, I wasn't ready. I took one look in the mirror before walking out.

I watched the door, and walked slowly towards it.

This was it.

My hand wrapped around the door knob, I twisted it and opened the door.

My legs froze, my brain froze, this wasn't real, this could not be happening.

I gasped, not reacting fast enough as two large hands grabbed me and before I could scream, a foul smell filled my nostrils and all I could see was black.

My last thought was my mate.

********

Didn't see that dark turn coming....

Well that was something wasn't it? It certainly was interesting to write. I hope you guys enjoyed it, yes, maybe, no?

Please comment and vote, I really appreciate input, tell me what you guys think.

Who do you think the person with the grabby hands and weird fainting gas is?

Till the next chapter.

-Monalisi💞