7

Josie's pov

"Don't forget to call me when you get there" my mom repeated for the third time.

"Yes mom, its not like I'm leaving forever, " I smiled at her

"Just for a little while baby" she cooed and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes soaking up the moment with my mom.

"You have to go, they might be looking for you" she said and ushered me towards the door.

If your wondering, no I'm not running away, well not exactly. I'm just going to my mom's friend's house next to the pack border. It's very far and I did feel quite stupid for leaving my motorcycle at school , but I wasn't going to go back for it. I'm so grateful for my mom; she's lending me her car.

During the long conversation I had with my mom. She told me that what I do about my mate is my decision, but she suggested I go somewhere to clear my head, just for a little while.

"Bye mom" I waved with teary eyes .

"Good luck Honey, don't forget that I'll always be here" she choked and waved with a sad smile.

I got into the car and drove out of the driveway, even though I was not really into cars, my mom taught me how to drive when i was 14. Yes she trusts me that much but its not like I did anything with the car.

I drove and I drove, even the sun was threatening to disappear but I made it after 3 hours of driving.

I grabbed my backpack, got out of the car and walked towards the house. My mom had given me the full description of the house so I would know when I saw it. I slowly walked up the path that lead to the front door. I knocked and stood there silently.

A middle aged woman opened the door and smiled at me.

"You must be Josephine, your mother told me I'd be expecting you" she greeted and extended her hand for me to shake. I shook her hand and smiled politely.

I don't know when last was it when someone addressed me by my full name. I can't even remember, my mom calls me Josie, everyone calls me Josie.

She stepped aside and ushered me to get in. I guess this is my home for a few days.

"You can make yourself comfortable, you'll be sleeping upstairs, there's a bedroom there, if there's anything you need please tell me, i have to go out to do something, my number is on the counter so please get comfy" she said as she walked up and down grabbing random things and stuffing them into her purse.

"Enjoy sweety" she came up to me and kissed my cheek.

Then it was just me.

Well guess I better get comfortable.

Leo's pov [A few hours back]

"Any news" I asked one of the army wolves.

"I'm sorry Alpha nothing yet, we are trying our best to find her"

"Thank you for all your help" I snapped rudely at him.

He walked out and I was left to drown in my own mysery again.

"You know snapping at others won't do you any good, they're trying to find her as much as you want her found" My dad scolded sympathetically.

I knew he was right. I was starting to get a little irritated and bothered by the fact that no one could find her. It was all my dad's fault for keeping me in here.

"If you let me go I'll find her, you can't keep me in my room forever." I complained.

After I told my dad about Josie, he strictly instructed that I don't go out and look for her. He said that most of our best pack members were on it and that he didn't want me to get into trouble. What trouble could i possibly get into.

"Son you are this pack's future Alpha, I don't want you to go out there and make a fool out of yourself or get into some trouble looking for your mate. I know you want to find her, we all want her found" he finished.

"But father" I whined

"Leonardo" he said.

I slightly cringed on how he said my full name, using his Alpha voice that always seemed to shut me up.

The door slightly opened and we both turned out heads.

"Anabelle" My dad awed.

My mom walked in and stood by my father's side.

"I see there's still no news about your mate" my mom sighed and caressed my face.

Seeing my mom with my dad made me feel worse about my current situation.

My mate isn't by my side, i can't hold her like my father does to his, I can't hug her, caress her,

I pulled at my hair and groaned, falling onto my bed. The side of the bed dipped and my mom ran her hands through my hair.

"Dont worry Leo, my Leo, my baby boy's all grown up, I don't want you worrying so much, they'll find her, they will" she reassured me.

My mom had always been there for us, and by far the best Luna, I'm sure Josie will be just that.

"Alpha?"

"Yes" Both me and my dad answered.

One of our most trusted pack members; Tristen, walked in. He works with training the other wolves.

"We haven't found our Luna yet but people said they saw a vehicle drive off east towards the border from her residence, they're a few houses close to the border, we think we may have a lead" he spoke with facts.

I quickly got off my bed.

"The east border is a few hours from here, if I go then I can find her"

"Yes " he agreed.

"Why didn't you ask anyone about her at her house, doesn't she have any family" I asked.

"Her mother is her only family, but unfortunately she wasn't home, they have not been in contact with her father for many years" he stated.

Amazing how many things you can find out when your father owns the pack, but that was all I needed to know for now.

I made my way for the door but was stopped as my dad grabbed onto my wrist. I turned around and pleaded with my eyes. If they think they found my mate then I want to see her.

He let go of my wrist

"Go" he nodded.

That was all I needed to run out that place as fast as I could

***

Haven't updated in a long time, really sorry, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

-Monalisi💓