17

Dedicated to weliqueen and DarknessBlanket.

John's pov

"Forgive me Sir, but she's refusing to wear the damn thing"

I turned around and sighed. Matt stood by the door, with the dress in his hand. He was one of the only people allowed to come into my office.

"It's not such a big deal right? Maybe she can wear something else..." He tried reasoning.

"Get Camille to give her something else" I waved off. I had known something like this would happen.

I looked up and Matt was still standing by the door.

"Is there anything else you need Matt?" I said annoyed.

"The thing is" he wandered. He walked up to my desk, sat down, and leaned over. He cleared his throat.

"You know I've always done what you have asked with no questions asked but ,the girl , she looks a bit too yo-"

"I told you not to tell me anything about her" I quickly interrupted.

"Exactly sir, you asked us to get her and you asked us to take care of her but you don't want to see her or hear anything about her" he rambled. "Why is she here boss? I'm just a bit confused"

I sighed once again. This is the price I pay for having a younger lackey. Kids and their curiosity.

"I told you, she's very important to me, to us all. Make sure everything is set for tomorrow's event. I need it to be perfect." I handed him a file.

"That's a list of everything I'll need for the ceremony, Camille will watch over our guest of honour."

He nodded before leaving with the file in hand. I had waited eight whole years for this full moon. And just like my grandmother had warned, the day had finally come for me to step up.

I lived so long in anger, angry at my family for the blood that runs through my veins but what I hadn't realized was that control came in the form of accepting what I was. What I am.

It wasn't my choice nor had I asked to be this way but accepting my situation was the best decision I had ever made. Wanting to change only made the urges stronger, more violent.

I rubbed my forehead. The recent words I received from my grandmother stressed me beyond what I could handle. I had done all I could but the work would never be finished until all authority and reign was dissolved from all neighboring packs. I had succeeded in dismantling most of the Alpha houses but Alpha Dylan and his stupid son refused to agree to my demands and hence our ongoing war against each other. They were the biggest threat - they were the closest.

I was going dismantle the Alpha bloodline even if it was the last thing I did or else the pack we know will face a danger bigger than we've ever faced.

Josie's pov

I stared at my ruined makeup. After finding out that it was a trial run for tomorrow - whatever tomorrow was - I stayed put in the small bathroom.

I didn't know what to think after Rookie took the dress away. All I could tell was that maybe it was a fancy event considering all the diamonds on the dress, but all those holes made it look more like a tank top than an actual dress.

How was I going to get out of here?

The security was heavy, judging by what rookie had said and the hushed voices I heard through the thin walls.

I was slowly starting to feel hopeless. Had my mom noticed my disappearance, had Leo noticed? Was anyone looking for me? My heart broke at the thought that I'd never see my mom again, that I'd never get to explore my relationship with Leo and that I'd never see my best friends again. I still didn't know why I was taken and these people refused to tell me! Getting angry didn't hurt anybody but myself. I needed to keep calm and have a cool head, even though I increasingly wanted to cry and scream at the top of my lungs. I couldn't just sit and do nothing.

Maybe tomorrow I'd be shipped off with some other girls. Trafficking girls was a real problem and the thought alone made me sick. That would explain the skimpy dress. I quickly erased the thought, if I continued to think of the worst case scenario - I would lose my mind.

I tried to hold back the tears but I started to struggle with my breathing. My whole life had gone down the drain in a matter of seconds and I couldn't do anything to help myself.

I doubted it was a good idea to shift. Elena was naturally strong but I bet against multiple wolves - who were just waiting for me to try something - she wouldn't succeed and she was also surprisingly dormant. I hated the thought that they could've done something to me while I was out.

The door suddenly opened, startling me.

"Are you going to sit in here forever?" A red faced Camille snarled at me.

"Well am I going anywhere anytime soon?" I snapped back. "If I'm not then I'd prefer to stay exactly where I am thank you"

"You need to learn some manners or you won't survive for long" she warned.

"Last time I checked, you weren't allowed to lay a finger on me, so you can go and take your empty threats along with you" I laughed.

"You little-" she roared before stomping her foot. She glared at me before leaving and slamming the door behind her.

"What a temper" I scoffed.

"I heard that!" she shouted from the other room. Oops, I guess she didn't really leave after all. Now I had a personal bodyguard.

How exciting.

I slid further down the wall until I could lay down on my side. I hadn't had a shower in so long and I could smell just how bad I needed one. Which reminded me, I hadn't eaten in just that long and I was surprisingly not hungry at all.

There was no point in wondering why because I didn't have the answers. I contemplated asking Camille but I doubted she'd even want to have a civil conversation with me - which of course was partially my fault - but how was it that everything that came out of her mouth got on my nerves and vice versa. I didn't even like her face.

I stared at the loose shower head and the lack of curtain.

I can't even take a shower in this miserable place - with privacy at least. There wasn't even a lock on the door, but I guess that would've just been plain stupid.

I glared at the door. Someone better come and save me.