The Hallucinations

Start from the beginning

"They can't hurt you? Tsk, try saying that after you get hit in the cheek by a book." I huffed before bending down beside Kaileb. "Where is it?"

"No idea." Kaileb responded with a frown. "The cure is in one of these boxes. I'm almost sure of it."

"You said almost. Meaning you aren't positive...."

"Just start looking!" Kaileb huffed as he started to take down box after box from the shelf.

I sighed as I too grabbed a few boxes. Most of the boxes were filled with books about the supernatural, or filled with weird foreign objects that I had no clue what it was, and I didn't care to find out. "What am I supposed to be looking for?"

"A suitcase," Kaileb said while dusting off a box.

"Your dad kept the cure in a suitcase...?" I questioned before being hit once more in the head by a book. "Knock it off!!!"

"Don't acknowledge them," Kaileb said before grabbing another box. "I don't know why father did what he did, and I honestly don't care. Just keep looking."

I could sense hatred coming from Kaileb and a bit of uneasiness coming from Carmen. Apparently neither of them liked to mention Kaileb's father.

I fumbled with some tape on my box before I coughed up into my sleeve.

"You okay?" Carmen asked as she glanced my way.

Before I could answer, she gasped in horror.

"What?"

"Blood." Carmen said as she draped a hand over her mouth. "You're coughing up blood...."

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. There was no doubt about it, I was coughing up blood.

"Kaileb! We need to find the cure!" Carmen yelled.

"No shit!" Kaileb grumbled before peeking his head into a small box. "Oh! Found it!"

"Really!?!" Me and Carmen yelled in unison.

"Yeah!" Kaileb grinned as he slid a dusty black suitcase out of the box. "I mean, unless father had more than one black suitcase...."

"Just open it." I urged as I leaned forward.

I didn't feel good. Not only was I coughing up blood, but I also felt dizzy. That wasn't good.

"I know, I know." Kaileb muttered as he opened the suitcase.

The suitcase was filled with many different vile's, bottles, and even needles filled with odd color liquids. "Which is it?"

"This," Kaileb said as he grabbed a long needle filled with a purple glowing liquid.

"Of course.... It just had to be that one..." I shook my head as I glanced away. "Just get it over with."

Kaileb nodded as he took my arm. "Geez, you're sweating like a pig."

"Shush up," I grumbled before turning my head. Oddly enough, I was suddenly staring face to face with the creature that had recently attacked me and Sophia.

I stared in horror before leaping backwards, "RUN!" I yelled as I grabbed the nearest object next to me, a candlestick, and threw it at the demon.

"W-What?" Carmen stuttered as she glanced up to me with wide frightened eyes.

"Run!!!" I repeated as I grabbed Carmen's arm, forcing her to follow.

Kaileb just sat on the ground stunned, "Stop running you freaking mad man!" He yelled before he threw himself onto me.

Or so I thought it was him. No, a demon, the spider demon had me pinned against the ground. It's cold fingertips wrapped around my throat, a hiss lingering in my ear. "G-Get it off of me!" I yelled as I squirmed.

Carmen stood watching. Why wasn't she helping me?

I couldn't breathe. I was suffocating. I dug my fingernails into the beasts neck, but the beast didn't move. It did nothing but continue to pin me down, choking me.

Would I die like this? How stupid! I, Gabriel, would die by the hands of a mere demon? No way!

"G-G-Get off!" I tried again as I rammed my hand into the demon's chest. A bright light burst out of my palm and into the monster.

The monster released me and howled in pain. I gasped for air as I lunged for anything I could get my hands on. I had to find something to kill the demon with.

"Stop!" Yelled Carmen as she grabbed me from behind.

"W-What are you doing?!"

"Go!" Carmen yelled as the demon lunged at me.

Why was she helping it?

I felt a sharp sting in my neck as the beast... faded? The beast was replaced by Kaileb...?

I stared in shock as I glanced to the needle in my neck. "W-What...?"

"Hallucinations," Kaileb put simply as he slid off of me, panting tiredly.The whole front of his shirt was burned away.

"Hallucinations...?" I repeated before hanging my head limply in my lap.

It seemed real. So scary.

I breathed in and out as I tried to regain my composure.

"Yeah, just hallucinations. I warned you earlier, didn't I?" Kaileb shook his head as he winced, "You got me pretty good. I didn't know you had it in you Angel Boy."

"Got you?" I questioned as I stared at his chest. "The demon... I hit the demon."

"Yeah, you hit a demon alright. Me." Kaileb huffed grouchily. "Where did you learn to do that?"

"Angel training." I said as I stood up. I no longer felt ill, just. Tired.. Very tired. Using a beam of angelic light took up more energy than I was used to.

"Come on. Let's get out of here," Kaileb said as he smacked away a book that was aimed at him. "Fuck off, spirits! Not now!" He growled as his eyes flashed red.

After that, I didn't have to worry about anymore books being flung at my head.

[Another chapter! I literally rewrote this chapter 5 times because I wasn't happy with it, and I'm still not... >.< I'll probably redo this one xD but let me know what you think of it! Thanks!]