Continue to the Gates

We waited until Kaileb stopped shaking, to even consider continuing.

"How are you feeling? Good enough to, you know, rescue Sophia?" I asked as I bit into my lower lip.

I didn't want to seem uncaring, I just, desperately wanted to go find Sophia. Sophia was gone, taken actually. She was in hell, literally, and I wanted to get her back.

"You really don't give me a break, do you, angel-boy?" Sighed Kaileb before nodding, "I'm good. We can continue now."

Raphael frowned and crouched beside Kaileb, "Are you sure? If you don't feel good, we can wait."

Kaileb shook his head as he pushed himself off of the ground. "I'm fine, really," he reassured.

"Okay..." Raphael said with doubt. "If you're good enough, then we need to continue. We flew here because your condition was dire, but now, we should walk."

"Walk? Good, I hate flying," Kaileb said.

Thankfully, Kaileb didn't look deathly pale like he once did, nor was he wobbling around like he had just downed 20 beers.

"Alright, we should get going. Be careful," Raphael said as he had casted me a look, "your friend warned us of demons. If they are here, we need to be on the lookout." He warned before leading the way.

Kaileb followed behind, and I followed last.

"Gabriel can use his light thing if things get bad," Kaileb said as he dug his hands into his back pockets.

"Light thing?" Questioned Raphael with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. When Gabriel was poisoned, he went all crazy, and shot me with some light beam." Kaileb explained before grabbing at his stomach. "It hurt. Hella hurt."

"Light?" Repeated Raphael before he turned his gaze to me. "That's impossible. You shouldn't be able to use a angelic beam if you were on earth. There is barely any angelic energy on Earth. Only top-class angels have the ability to do that."

"Well... I did it without thinking..." I said as I scratched at the back of my neck. "Besides, my brother, Zeke, he's one of the Guardians. It's only right that I'm as strong as him." I said with a shrug.

Kaileb rolled his eyes, and Raphael frowned in thought. "I do sense more angelic powers in you, than I do with others... You, are indeed like your brother."

"Wait, have you met my brother?" I questioned as I kicked a rock off the cobblestone path.

"Yes, once. Your brother, is... Powerful. His angelic powers are so immense, that even I, would have trouble fighting him if it came down to it."

"Seriously? He's that strong?" I huffed in disbelief.

Sure, I looked up to my brother, but... Did I think he could kick Raphael's butt, not a chance. He couldn't be that strong... Could he? Yet, I guess it did make sense. When I was 8, my brother, Ezekiel, graduated from Angel Academy. You don't graduate school until you are around 20. He was 16, the youngest to graduate and to be given the rank of an Elder.

"What, jealous of your brother, angel-boy?" Chuckled Kaileb with a smirk.

Great, he was back to his annoying self.

"Not a chance," I said with the shrug of my shoulders. "I'll beat him, somebody."

"Beat him? You plan to beat your brother at what exactly?" Raphael asked with an amused smile.

"Ah... Well... Being strong. He beats me at everything, but this time, I'll prove that I'm the top angel." I beamed.

Raphael managed a laugh, "Well, good luck then."

"You don't believe that I can do it, do you?" I said as I glared in Raphael's direction.

"Not a chance," answered Kaileb.

"No, I apologize," said Raphael apologetically.

Again, more disbelievers... I'll show them. I can be just as amazing as my brother.

(The next chapter will be LONG, because it holds a lot of important stuff. XD OHH and please tell me what u thought of this chapter!)