Hell Changes You

I laid on the cold ground, my arms wrapped around my body. I had managed to convince the masked man to free my arms and legs from their bind. I told him I wouldn't run away, and he believed me. He didn't think I had it in me to escape, but I did. As tired as I was, and as weary as I was, I would escape today. I wouldn't stay in this darkness any longer. The masked man was gone, so this was my chance. This was the time to act.

I forced myself to stand, my knees wobbling beneath me. The exit wasn't far, just up ahead. I walked slowly, my legs dragging as I kept a single hand on the wall to balance myself. The chains that the masked man kept on me, left bruises along my wrists and ankles, it hurt.

I was so close. I could see the exit now. It was dark, but not pitch black. I found after a while of being stuck in darkness, your eyes automatically adjust.

I had just managed to reach my hand out of the prison when I spotted him. The masked man. I froze, my eyes wide with fear. He caught me. He caught me trying to escape.

"You promised me you wouldn't escape," the masked man mumbled coldly as he took a step towards me. "I don't like liars."

I can't stay here any longer. No, I can't. I can't. I can't.

Without processing my thoughts, I found myself running. I could barely walk, so what made me think I could outrun him? No, Sophia, you couldn't.

"Pathetic," laughed the masked man before I felt a hand tighten around my wrist. He had me.

"You really spoiled my mood." Huffed the masked man as he raised his hand, slapping me repeatedly along the face.

You would think by now that I would be used to the beatings, but no, it still hurt.

It was frugal to try to escape the masked man's grasp. Once he had you, there was no point in trying to escape, but... Still... Maybe I could hurt him. Maybe I could show him some pain. And maybe, I could show him what pain feels like. He wasn't aware of the pain he'd put me through.

Hurting somebody, was a dangerous thought. Never in my life have I thought to hurt somebody. Never, but now... I desperately wanted to kill him, to dig my nails into his throat, to suffocate the life out of him. It was scary how much I was changing. Is this what Hell does to you? Does it change you into a monster?

"Let go of me!" I screamed through my raspy voice as I smacked my hand against his mask.

The mask he wore flew off, and that was the moment. I attacked. I gripped his cheek, clawing with all my might. I dug my nails deep, ripping through his skin, and at that point, I laughed. I hurt him. I really hurt him!

"Damn brat!" The masked man hollered as he threw me to the ground, kicking at my stomach.

I angered him. He'll surely hurt me more, but it's okay. I'll keep fighting back. I won't give in. I won't give in. I won't give in. I won't give--

(Is Hell changing the innocent SOPHIA? Leave your feedback below!! <3)