Demon Hospitality

"How much farther," groaned Kaileb as we had him walk ahead of me and Raphael.

Apparently Kaileb's eyesight in Hell was 20/20. Even Raphael, the great legendary angel, was having trouble seeing past the blackness.

"I'm not sure. We just have to continue further," Raphael said before glancing over to me. "How do you feel?"

"Fine, my condition hadn't changed since the last time," I lied.

In fact, I was feeling a bit worse than I once did. After my little attack, I was more on guard. Everytime I heard some noise, which was usually just Raphael or Kaileb walking, I jumped. I couldn't help it. Hell was getting to me.

"That's good. If you start to feel any worst, please let me know."

"Got it," I nodded.

I followed on behind, dragging my feet along the floor. My legs were starting to ache from all of the walking. I didn't even notice that both Raphael and Kaileb stopped walking until I was gripped to a halt by Kaileb.

"What­-"

"­Demons, too many to count up ahead," whispered Kaileb.

My eyes widened. Finally, after aimlessly walking through Hell, we came across demons. A whole pack of them!

"What do we do," I whispered as I tilted my head up to look at Raphael.

"These demons shouldn't harm us. I don't sense much of a threat in them. Just continue forward. Do not engage in combat unless necessary."

"Understood," I said.

Now that I knew that demons were nearby, I slowed my pace down. I was careful where I stepped, hoping to avoid making any loud noises from me tripping on some uneven ground or rocks.

In the distance I could faintly make out lights. It was an odd sight to see lights when you've wandered for hours in near pitch blackness. "What is that?"

"A town," Kaileb answered. "There are a ton of towns around. I used to visit them a lot when I was younger," he said before coming to a halt. "I've never seen a town so big though. Impressive."

I nodded. This town was indeed impressive. It would had look normal if it wasn't for the demons walking around, or, in some cases, slithering around.

"Amazing... to think that demons were this civilized."

Kaileb raised an eyebrow before muttering, "We aren't animals, geez. We have homes as well," he said with the shake of his head.

"Right, sorry." I turned my head to look up to Raphael. If we wanted to continue further, we would have to go through the town. "What are we going to do? There isn't another way around, is there?"

Raphael frowned, before answering, "Most likely, no. The safest way would be to go through. Most demons here seem to be of low class, which means that they won't be able to tell the difference of a demon or angel wandering into their territory. We are just strangers visiting to them."

I gulped. I didn't exactly like the idea of us going into a demon town. Sure it looked normal on the outside, but surely it had to be horrible in the inside. "Okay... What if they do find out that we are angels?"

"Then we leave as fast as we can," Raphael said before starting forward towards the entrance. "Keep close. Do not under and circumstance leave my side."

I nodded and stayed close to Raphael.

When we successfully passed through the entrance, which was simply a welcome sign, I was shocked to find myself actually liking the town. It wasn't scary like I had expected. There was no blood splatters on the buildings, no carcasses lying about, and no mean demons picking fights with one another. In fact, it looked like a bunch of normal humans going amongst their dairy normal lives. Some had bags filled with what I supposed was food, and others were talking to one another. I even saw a bunch of kids running around a fountain playing a game of tag. Of course, if I looked close enough, I was able to see the demon qualities of everyone around me.