I'm the One to Blame

"So... I'm an angel?" Sophia asked as she bit into her lip.

"Part, yes, but you are more human than angel." Her father spoke quietly.

"So... I'm part angel...? I still don't understand though. You asked Gabriel if he was looking for mother. Why would an angel be looking for mother?" Sophia asked.

Her father sighed as his eyebrows creased, "There are a certain group of angels working for demons. That certain group is after your mother."

"No way," Sophia whispered.

"No, impossible." I shook my head as I listened in. Her father was lying.

Were there really angels working for the demons? It couldn't be true. Or at least... I didn't want it to be true.

"It's true. Your mother was one of the angels that were secretly working for the upper-class demons. She was the only one that was caught, and she was instantly stripped from her wings. She was supposed to spend all eternity up in prison, but she managed to escape. She escaped, with a jewel. A jewel that the group of angels want."

"What does the jewel do?" Sophia asked as her face paled. She looked sick. I couldn't blame her. After being told that your mom is a fallen angel, and that she was working for demons, isn't exactly easy news to take. I, myself, was feeling sick.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me." Her father sighed.

"This.... Is too much to take in all at once." Sophia whispered as she stood up. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier? It's sorta important."

Her father only looked down to his lap. "I didn't want to involve you. I wanted to keep you safe."

"Mother.... She didn't abandon us after all. This whole time I believed she had just left us. You should have told me! I hate you!" Without another word, the mad Sophia stormed off.

Never have I witnessed Sophia mad. It was an odd sight to see such a small and timid girl wail up with anger.

Her father hung his head back with a sigh, "God, I didn't want her to find out like this," he grumbled as he shot me a glare. "You're still here, huh? You have guts. Tell me. Why exactly are you associating yourself with my daughter?" He asked as he crossed his muscular arms over his chest. This guy was intimidating, no doubt about it.

"A mission...." I answered as I scratched at the back of my neck, "I need to grant her a wish."

Though, now that I know she's freaking part angel, I don't think the wish is even valid.... I'm not the one at fault though.... The Heaven Helper's Association was the one that accepted the mission, not me.

I groaned. This was becoming way too complicated. All I was supposed to do was grant a human a wish, but I haven't  even managed to do that! All that I had done was become a student at a school, hung around with a demon and his human sister, been almost poisoned, lost nearly all of my energy source, met a high-class angel, and now... now I learn that Sophia is part angel. Oh, and her mother is a fallen angel with some gem, and that isn't even the worst part! Apparently there are angels up in Heaven that are secretly working for demons! Just. Great.

"A wish? You need to grant my daughter a wish...?" Her father asked with a huff of disbelief. "You're an angel, right? Not a genie."

"I have to grant a human a pure wish. It's to finish my mission in becoming a proper angel." I explained vaguely.

"You are using my daughter, to finish a mission?"

"Well.... If you put it that way, it does sound sorta bad," I mumbled as I fumbled with my fingertips.