A Shocking Truth

"Well...? Can you see me?" I asked as I glanced over to Carmen.

Carmen glanced my way when I spoke, her eyes growing wide, "Wings! You have wings!"

"I guess that answers my question, "I said with a chuckle.

"I want to touch them!" Carmen announced as she sat down on the bed and gently slid her fingertips down my wings. "Soft! Kaileb, feel how soft his wings are!"

Kaileb shook his head, "Nah, I'll pass."

"Psh, fine," Carmen huffed as she studied my wings, her eyebrows creasing into a frown as she asked, "What's this?" She pointed to the place where my wing was sliced earlier from the tree. It was no longer a big gash like before, thanks to Sophia's help, however, it was still slightly bruised.

"Oh, I fell in a tree when I first came here...." I admitted as I raked my fingertips through my dirty blonde hair.

"You fell.... Into a tree?" Kaileb repeated before bursting into obnoxious laughter. "Aha! That's hilarious! How the hell does that happen!?! Can't you fly?"

My cheeks heated, "Shush up...." I mumbled as I glanced down to the the sandwich in my lap. It looked pretty good. I took the sandwich and took a small bite, and the second I did, my eyes lit up. "It's good!!!" I gasped as I took another bite, and then another.

It was amazing how delicious human food could be! I never knew.

Sophia smiled, "I'm glad you like it!"

I grinned with a nod as I quickly finished the sandwich, and when I did, I glanced over to Kaileb's.

He glared at me and pulled his plate closer to himself, "Mine, Angel Boy. You already had your share."

"Don't be stingy. What about sharing?" I grinned. I was still hungry. Apparently one sandwich doesn't soothe the hunger of an angel, or, maybe just a teenage boy in general....

"Sharing my ass. Go make your own. It's not that hard." Kaileb said as he took a big obnoxious bite out of his sandwich, clearly flaunting it in front of me.

"Psh... fine. I will!" I glanced over to Raphael, "Can I use the kitchen?"

"Go ahead," Raphael nodded.

Letting me use the kitchen, was a huge mistake. I didn't know what from what.... So, eventually, I just put whatever I could find onto bread. When I taste-tasted it, I was disappointed to find that it tasted nothing like the one Sophia made. Sophia's sandwich, was delicious. Mine was absolutely horrendously disgusting. "I'll give this one to Kaileb," I mumbled as I set it down.

My second attempt of a sandwich only came out worse. "No way! This is gross!!!" I spat the sandwich into the garbage where it belonged. It was trash.

Sophia had peeked her head into the kitchen, her multi-colored eyes widening when she saw the mess I had created. "Umm.... Do you possibly need help?"

"Yes!" I yelled desperately as I handed her the knife covered in some pink goo. The goo tasted good by itself, but mixed with little bit of slimy yellow stuff, it was gross.

Sophia nodded with a small smile as she headed over to look at my creations. "Well.... First off... you don't mix mustard with strawberry jelly." She said with a laugh.

I let her take over. I watched as she masterly made the sandwich, and this time, she did it with the strawberry jam and some brown sticky stuff.

"A peanut-butter and jelly sandwich," she said as she handed it over to me.

I glanced at it before taking a bite. The sandwich was sweet! "GOOD! You're amazing, Sophia! You could, like, well these!"

Sophia smiled, "I'm glad you like it," she said with a blush as she started to clean up the mess I made.