She is Gone

"If anything goes wrong, you have to--"

"Try to get out of there as fast as possible.

"I know, I know." Sophia said with a small smile. "I'll be fine."

I bit my lower lip, "I know... Just... Be careful..."

Sophia nodded, "I will." She said, once again reassuring me before exiting into the PE locker-room with Raphael. Apparently, the demon teacher stay a few hours after school, so we decided, that this would be the best opportunity to confront her.

I paced back and forth, anxiously patting my thigh, "It's been ten minutes. She's not out. Why isn't she out?"

Kaileb rolled his eyes, "Calm down, she's fine."

"No... No... She should have come out already. She was just supposed to confirm that the teacher was a demon, than leave." I mumbled, my eyes narrowing. "Something happened. I know it. Something happened."

Kaileb shook his head, "Chill, okay? Raphael is with her."

"Yeah, right... Right." I nodded.

Raphael could protect her. He was tough. Raphael wouldn't let Sophia get hurt, right?

I had truly wanted to believe that I was right, but the moment when Raphael came out with no redhead, I knew something had gone wrong. His face was stark pale, his eyes saddening as he glared at the ground.

My eyes went wide, "No!" I hollered as I jumped forward, gripping Raphael's shirt. "Sophia! Where is Sophia?!"

"Took her... We underestimated the demon, Gabriel..." Rapahel said as his eyes darkened. "The demon was tougher than expected... I couldn't get to her in time..."

Took her? God, no!

"God dammit! You were supposed to protect her!" I hollered, feeling myself growing furious.

Sophia was gone. Sophia was with the demons now.

I wasn't even aware what I was doing, until I found the locker in front of me, dented, and my knuckles numb and bleeding.

"Calm down..." Kaileb said as he gripped my arm. "We'll get her back."

Get her... Could we get her? Would it be too late? Demons were terrible. They wouldn't let her live. They would kill her... They would make that innocent girl, suffer.

I shoved Kaileb's hand away, "Don't touch me, demon. It's your stupid kind that took her!!!" I yelled as I clenched my bloodied fist to my side.

Kaileb looked taken aback, but he stayed quiet, his lips pursed into a thin line.

"They took her to the demon world, didn't they?" I yelled as I sent my attention to Raphael.

"Most likely, yes..." Raphael said solemnly.

That was all I needed. I paced myself down the hallway and out the front door, dragging Kaileb along by the arm.

"What? Where are we going?" Kaileb questioned as he tried to pull away. I wouldn't let him.

"Demon world. As much as I hate to admit it, I need you, a demon, to get into the demon world."

Kaileb's eyes widened as he shook his head furiously, "No! I'm not going to the demon world! I can't!"

"Yes. You are. Only a demon can open up the portal to the demon world,"

"Yes, a full-blooded demon. I'm not a demon. I'm half." Kaileb said as he frowned. "I won't be able to, even if I wanted to."

"You can't...?"

"No." Kaileb affirmed, once again, shaking his head.

My eyes fell to the floor, my grasp on the half-demon loosening. "Ha... Then saving her is impossible.... Ha..."

I was laughing without even knowing it. I was at a lost. My mission, was a failure. I didn't grant Sophia friends, but rather, I sent her over to the bloody demon world! I clenched my eyes eyes shut, hanging my head back in thought. There had to be another way to get to the demon world.

"There may be another way," Raphael said, almost as if he was reading my mind.

"What? Another way?" I asked, my eyes shining with a glint of hope.

"Only high-class angels know about this... But... There is a portal up there, leading to the demon world. We can go to the demon world thanks to that portal."

A portal, in heaven, leading to the demon world? Really?

"Do you have access to it?!" I asked.

"Yes, I do. It'll be tricky getting us through, but I believe we can do it..." Raphael said as he thought to himself. "It'll take a few days to get there though."

"It doesn't matter!"

Raphael smiled faintly, "I thought you'd say that." He said before glancing over to Kaileb. "You'll need to come."

Kaileb frowned as he shook his head, "No. I'm not going to the demon world. No."

"You don't have to come to the demon world. Just, heaven." Raphael said as he scratched at the back of his neck. "To get to the portal, it is located in the prison for the evil."

Kaileb raised an eyebrow, "and...?"

"And, if we want to get into there, we'll need to have somebody bad... A demon."

Kaileb frowned, "Wait... You aren't asking me to act like some villain, do you?"

Raphael beamed, "So, you understand?"

"Absolutely not! I'm not going in some angel prison!!! Do you know what they'll do to a half-demon like me!?!" Kaileb shook his head as he backed away.

"You have to help!" I growled as I turned my gaze to Kaileb.

Kaileb's frowned. "No... You aren't leaving me in some angel prison."

"Then you can come with us to the demon world. Please... It's Sophia.... Please."

I was desperate now. I would do anything to get Sophia back.

Kaileb frowned, sighing as he hung his head forward. "Fine, I'll help..."

My eyes lit up, "Really!?"

Kaileb sighed, "Yes..."

"Good, if we have Kaileb, then we can get into the demon world." Raphael said with the nod of his head.

I'm coming for you, Sophia. Just you wait!!!