Don't Leave Me

I stood at Sophia's window and knocked quietly a few times. If her dad had realized that I had came back, I'd be in trouble. I didn't exactly want to have another argument with her old man.

Thankfully, only a few knocks did the trick. Sophia pulled down her window. "You're back! I've been so worried." She said as she motioned for me to enter.

"Yes, I'm sorry for worrying you." I said with a faint smile. I ducked under and slid through the window, my hurt shoulder scraping across the side, resulting in me grunting in pain.

"Oh.... Are you okay?" Sophia asked as she took my arm, pulling up the sleeve of my shirt to find a bandaged up shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm fine now. I'm no longer poisoned." I assured.

"Poisoned? You were poisoned?" Sophia shook her head with wide eyes, "I'm so sorry.....You protected me and got hurt."

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it, it's not your fault. Besides, the demon was after me. I'm the angel here--"

"I'm also an angel...."Sophia interrupted as she glanced down to her lap. "That demon could have also been for me."

Crap. I nearly forgotten that she is also part angel...

"No, I don't think so. Nobody knows that you are part angel. You, didn't even know that you were part angel. So, don't worry, demons aren't after you." I said with a reassuring smile.

Sophia nodded, "Right...." She glanced down to her lap, frowning slightly. "It's scary. It's scary to suddenly find out that what you thought you were, isn't what you are at all."

"Being part angel doesn't change anything about you. You are still the same girl from when I first met you. Ah, well, you're more talkative."

Sophia blushed slightly, "I guess I am...." She said with a small smile as she laid back on her bed. "I've always distanced myself from others, so I'm not used to all the attention I've been getting." She admitted as she closed her eyes.

"But you are getting friends, right? What you wanted." I said.

"Yes. But now... I'm not to sure I want them." Sophia whispered as she pulled her blanket over herself.

"What...? What do you mean by you don't want them?" I questioned with confusion.

What did she mean? Wasn't that what she wanted me to grant her, friends?

"If I make friends, then you complete your mission, right?" Sophia whispered as she shut her eyes.

I nodded, "Yes."

"Then you'll leave.. You'll go back up there...." Sophia whispered as she hid her face in her pillow.

Just what was up with her?

"Yeah, I'll go back up. Why?"

"Nothing. It's nothing...." Sophia whispered before switching off her lamp, sending the room into complete blackness. "Goodnight... Gabriel."

"Goodnight."

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep, all the while I questioned to myself why Sophia didn't want to make friends.
***
I slept until I heard the door open. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, yawning as I noticed Sophia standing near the door with her backpack flung over her shoulder.

"School?" I questioned as I sat up.

"Oh, no. You don't have to come." Sophia said as she bit into her lip. "If you use up all your energy like last time--"

"Don't worry. I was careless last time. I'll only exert as much energy as needed, no more." I said with a grin as I focused once again on making my body solid, minus my wings of course.