Hues Of Indigo

He gazed into her charcoal brown eyes, only to find a combination of lust and fear as he broke the kiss. The feelings Indigo was having were new, dealing with him was like enduring whiplash, she still despised him, but couldn't ignore the butterflies causing her stomach to turn.

"That's the closest to an apology you'll ever get from me". He stated, releasing his hand from her side, and without another word leaving down the same hallway he previously entered; disappearing somewhere in the crowd, leaving her even more confused than before.

The scenario replayed in Indigo's head time and time again, it was only the next day, but she was certain she'd rewatched it at least a million times. She hadn't seen him since the kiss, though they once again found Thomas and Duck, Corpse was nowhere to be found, and nobody said a word about it. Indigo just assumed he'd left early, having already accomplished his goal of bothering her, there was no point in lingering.

Luna and Indigo curled up together on her vintage, pink couch. Despite the abundance of space, still insisting on laying close together while the tv rattled on about some documentary that Indigo would normally be engrossed in, unable to take her eyes off the screen, but today was different. Her mind had short circuited yesterday, entirely lost in her daydreams she subconsciously chewed on her lip.

"Hey, stop, that's bad for you". Luna frowned, gently squishing Indigo's now rosy cheeks between her palms. Luna had a habit of being motherly, always making sure Indigo was fed, having fun, and just overall happy. It was nice, she appreciated her every action, but it still felt foreign.

"Sorry, just anxious".

"You always are, but not usually when we're alone here, and you're being quiet again, tell me what you're thinking about".

"The show, I don't really have much to say".

"Hmmm... not true, I think you have so much to say that you don't know where to start, and you think way too much, we need to do something to take your mind off of it".

"We're watching a show, is that not a distraction?"

"Well yeah, but im bored, let's do something better".

"We're gonna be going to the convention again in a few hours, what can we do? We're gonna be late again if you come up with some extravagant plans for an adventure, and I know you, your plans are always extravagant".

"You wanna match hair colors?"

•••

"Please stay...you always leave so soon".

"I can't, I have other things to do".

"No, you don't, you never do. I've done everything for you, and you still make me beg to spend time with my own son". She spat, cigarette scented words slurring out of her mouth. Every visit was the same with her, brief, unpleasant, but Corpse never missed it. Bringing his mother groceries was the only form of contact he kept with her, if it were up to him there would be no contact, but he was convinced she'd starve otherwise.

"Not lying". He sighed, putting up the last can of soup in her freshly stocked cabinets.

"Lying motherfucker". She mumbled, redirecting her attention back to the soapy drama playing on her small box tv.