Prayers From The Devil

"Are you okay, sir?"

"Im fine, just tell me what room she's in".

"You have to answer some questions first, and then I'll be happy to have a nurse show you the way". A small receptionist reassured from the other side of the glass border separating her from a slurring, unbalanced, Corpse.

The hospital smelled annoyingly clean, bleach scented from the restrooms to operating rooms. Corpse's nose burned at the scent, head pounding from forcing his eyes to focus under the fluorescent lights, his senses were being overstimulated. It felt as if the world was moving too fast for his mind, everything was running at light speed while he was barely understanding the situation, all he knew was that he needed to get to Indigo and fast, even if that meant barreling through the security guards blocking the doors to different wings.

"You said her name is Indigo, is that right? Do you remember her last name?" She continued, talking slowly, as if he was an ignorant child, although, he was too intoxicated to take offense.

His chest felt as if it was caving in, aching with defeat; he didn't remember her last name, or if she ever told him that in the first place. His eyebrows knitted into a frustrated display, racking his brain, attempting to search every corner of his memory, but he couldn't seem to find it.

"Yes, her name is Indigo, shes skinny, brown skin, big curly hair. I- uh I think she's a suicide attempt patient".

"You think?"

"No, I meant I know she is".

"Okay, hun, why don't you take a seat, and I'll call someone down here to help you".

Rage bubbled in his stomach, before spilling out of his body, painfully frustrated with the woman keeping him from her, he could see the disbelief on her face, slight fear even. He had to prove he was clear minded enough to function, before even beginning to ask to visit a patient. His palms slammed down on the receptionist desk, gaining a few glares from bystanders.

"I know I look like a absolute fucking mess right now, but I'm not crazy. Her name is Indigo, she's hurt, and I need to make sure she's okay, so please just hear me out". He croaked, his husky voice came out as hardly a whisper, shaking with a slew of emotions.

"Im sorry, I can't just let you back there without any type of identification. Who is she to you; friend, sister, girlfriend? I need something to go off of".

His mind argued for a second, debating on what she was to him; more than a friend, but not a girlfriend, she was just his, but there was no purpose in explaining the specifics. "Close friend".

"You're a close friend but don't know her last name? Hmmm okay... well if she's here I'm sure her family would be too, if you can get one of her family members to come into the lobby and-".

"No, you don't get it, she lives in Arizona, and her family definitely isn't here. She came to see her friends, they should be here with her, their names are Duck, and Luna. Tall, blonde, asshole with a girl who dresses like a toddler with purple hair".

"Duck...? uh huh, sir, are you sure you don't need an IV? Some water maybe?".

Corpse scoffed, pushing past the older man in line behind him, walking a lap around the lobby. He ran his scabbed fingers through his hair, frustrated enough to want to pull it out. Instead, he snatched his cellphone from his jacket pocket, reluctantly calling Duck.