Tell Me Who You Belong To

The sun sat almost entirely under the horizon, causing the sky to become a painfully dark shade of blue, although the heat was persistent. Warmth floating through the sticky, humid breeze constantly, regardless of the time of night. The boisterous sound of young adults laughing, and talking bounced throughout the skatepark, but were mainly drowned out by the skateboard wheels, gliding across the pavement.

Corpse mindlessly stared down at his feet dangling off the ramp, exhaling menthol flavored smoke. Since he took his mask off the day at the restaurant he'd been less strict about keeping it on, not because he didn't still crave the security it gave him, but primarily because he didn't care about much of anything at the moment. The world began to feel like more and more of a joke everyday he lived, he needed to escape his problems since he clearly wasn't capable of fixing them himself. Aside for Indigo despising him, he began to resent his roomate, Duck's friends, and everyone else, he hated hearing them even breathe. He had no idea why his anger was so prevalent as of recently, but he didn't want to feel it anymore... he wouldn't. When Indigo left, his icy frozen heart melted just a little, he felt guilty for not being what she wanted him to be, but that was only for a second before he went back to being himself.

Fuck her, and fuck them.

He wished he could leave California and everyone in it behind, move away, start from the beginning, or atleast visit another state before he dies. His hometown felt nothing like a home, but then again, it never did. So he left, not far, no more than an hour from his apartment in walking distance, but far enough to feel different.

"Corpse, come on, you said you'd skate like twenty minutes ago". Aria whined, grabbing both of his hands with her own, gently trying to convince him off the cement slope.

"Did I?"

"You did, now stop being a baby".

"I haven't skated since I last seen Adrian".

"And when was that, couldn't have been that long". She rolled her eyes, folding her arms over her navy blue crewneck. He smirked, looking down at her, noticing how much she'd changed, since they'd last seen each other. Somewhere around a year and a half ago he stopped skating, and stopped going to see his old friends, not because he disliked them or had some sort of falling out, but because Corpse didn't want to keep living the way he was. His days consisted of drinking, skating, smoking, and that was good for a while; made him happy, entertained him, but ultimately wasn't a good situation. He wanted to be better, it was time to grow up, so he spent the next few months hopping from apartment to apartment, working jobs he despised until finally he moved in with Duck, and since then it's been okay... or it seemed so for the first few months. Now he felt indifferent to improving, being a good person doesn't matter when nobody sticks around to see your progress.

"Too long to try with alcohol in my system".

"Lame...but whatever, I'll be lame with you". She smiled, lifting herself up onto the ramp, sitting beside him.

Corpse took one last puff off his cigarette before flicking it aside, letting the butt flutter to the spray painted ground. He hadn't smoked cigarettes since his late teen years, and even then it was occasional, today he'd burned through an entire pack. He enjoyed the way the minty smoke lightly burned at the back of his throat, it was a nostalgic feeling from a more carefree time.

Aria leaned her head against his shoulder, smiling to herself, she was glad to have him back. When he left it was decently abrupt, he told them he'd be moving further into the city, he didn't mention that he wouldn't be coming back. Aria adored Corpse from the moment they'd met, though over the time frame of them knowing each other she learned practically nothing about him, she loved the idea of him. He was like something out of a romance novel, the quiet, mysterious bad boy that rode a motorcycle and hated the world because of his dark, and criminal past. While Corpse likely hated the world, he didn't have a motorcycle or a past including serious crimes, he wasn't the cliche bad boy, he was just quiet, self deprecating and wore black all the time.