The Worst

"Bunny?"

Indigo's body fell stiff, immobile with anxiety not knowing what to say. This cannot be happening. She looked him up and down, taking in his full appearance. He wasn't some scary man lying to girls on the internet, he was in his twenties as he said, and beautiful at that; or at least from what she could see. His chocolate brown curls fell over his eyes to a point of them being nearly hidden. Along with a black medical mask covering the lower half of his face.

He swiftly grabbed her chin, lifting her face to direct her into making eye contact.

"Why are you here?" he asked, softer than before, but still clearly frustrated. Her nervousness was partially replaced with anger at his audacity.

"Not for you". she hissed, pulling her face out of his grasp.

"I didn't ask who you're here for, I asked why. Answer me".

"I don't have to answer shit, it's none of your business".

She began to play with the lock again, attempting to open the door. He chuckled in response to her attitude, the type of laugh with no real humor behind it, just annoyance. The door finally swung open and she walked inside. Ignoring his presence, she grabbed her small black purse and circled back to the front door. Corpse leaned in the frame with a smug smirk anyone could tell was there, despite the mask.

"Get out, what the fuck!"  She yelled, standing her ground directly in front of him. He was intimidating, but she refused to be vulnerable or soft around him.

"Get out of my apartment?"

Her heart dropped for the second time, today is just getting worse and worse, she thought.

"Liar".

"Why would I lie?"

"Why wouldn't you? I don't trust you".

"Well it is mine, and Duck's of course".

"I don't believe you, Duck would've told me he had a roommate. Especially since it's you".

"No, he wouldn't, he didn't tell me that you were going to be here, so i don't see why he would tell you".

"Stop playing dumb, even if he didn't tell you, you could've connected the dots. you knew we were friends, we would've never met if it wasn't for him. I even asked you myself if we could meet up in this area, you had to have known Duck was going to the convention and so was I. How fucking dumb do you have to be to think we wouldn't cross paths at some point".

"i'm not that concerned with either of you".

"Oh really? but you were concerned enough to get pissed off any time i didn't text you back or answer a call. You're fucking insane, move". She laughed a little, blown away by how different he was in person. Is this why he didn't want to meet? because he's an asshole? She wondered, still looking at him, arms folded over her chest.

"I'm not moving until we're done talking".

"i'm done".

"well i'm not".

"what else could you possibly say? we were friends for a little while, it was cool, you didn't want to meet, we did anyways, the end".

"I never said i didn't want to meet you".

"you didn't say anything at all, that's the problem".

He sighed and closed the apartment door, leaving them face to face glaring at each other. He went silent for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"I wasn't ready".

"If that's the case you should've just said that instead of ignoring me. I don't believe you".

"I'm not fucking lying Indigo, and I don't have to give you an answer to everything".

"You're right, you don't, so stop blocking my way i have to go. Everyone is waiting on me".

She tried forcing her way past him, putting all of her body weight into it, but he was much larger, she stood no chance.

"Stop it". He sighed, effortlessly pushing her back by wrists.

"Corpse, move".

"Say please".

"Fuck you", Indigo spat, feeling tears sting at her eyes. She was beyond frustrated with everything happening around her. Things were going so well, leave it to him to fuck it up. "You are the fucking worst, leave me alone!" she continued, beginning to throw what little punches she could, but most were blocked.

"Calm the fuck down". he grunted, wrapping his arms around her entire upper half. The hug would've been nice if it wasn't meant to act as a human straightjacket. All of her cursing and yelling was muffled into his large black hoodie, until she finally stopped.

Things aren't supposed to be like this, you have to calm down. He doesn't deserve your tears, She thought, trying to give herself a little pep talk.

"Are you done?" He asked, sounding annoyed as ever, like he was ready to get this situation over with. Indigo nodded against his chest, feeing her heartbeat slow to an almost normal pace.

"You're an asshole".

"yeah".

"that's all you're going to say?" she scoffed, shaking her head. How could I be so dumb to expect an apology. "The Worst". She mumbled to herself, pushing past him once again, but this time successfully, he didn't fight for her to stay. He didn't speak another word as Indigo walked down the corridor, slowly this time. She waited a second to step into the elevator, wishing he'd chase after her and apologize. Wishing he'd act like the boy she met online.