Stranger

The clock seemed to run a few laps before progressing into the next hour. I swear it's been nine for three hours now, Indigo thought to herself. It was as if time was never on her side, always too slow or too fast. Her fist pressed against her cheek, struggling to hold her own head up; her sleep schedule (or the lack thereof) was determined to ruin her. Lecture days were the worst, no computer work, just a professor shoving a plethora of facts and instructions down the students throats.

With the C she earned on her last project, paying attention was likely the smartest option, but being smart can get monotonous. Deciding she couldn't take anymore rambling that was going nowhere but in one ear and out the other, she slid her phone out from her pocket and peeked at her notifications from under the table.

*1 New message from Corpse_Husband*

Corpse_Husband: Hey Bunny

Indibunny666: Hi y do u keep calling me that?

Corpse_Husband: its your name, right?

Indibunny666: Not rlly its Indigo but most ppl on here just call me Indi

Corpse_Husband: but i like calling u bunny its cute

indibunny666: whatever "corpse"

Corpse_Husband: Aw u didnt wanna call me husband :(

Indibunny666: lol what do u want?

Corpse_Husband: play the game w me

Indibunny666: No im busy

Corpse_Husband: It wasnt a request

Corpse_Husband: Get on cod

Indibunny666: how do u know i even play that?

Corpse_Husband: thats a secret

Indibunny666: stalker energy

Corpse_Husband: your twitch is linked on your profile, i seen u play shut up

Indibunny666: Yeah sooo? get off my profile >:(

Corpse_Husband: Get on mine ;)

Indibunny666: Nope

"Miss Bardeaux, am I boring you?" Asked Mr. Wends, with an inquisitive hand on his hip.

Yes

"Of course not, i was just checking the time, I'm sorry".

"In a rush?"

"No".

"Good, you shouldn't be. Considering your recent scores".

Ah public humiliation, my favorite. professors will ruin a students day for a few laughs from the class. She thought, but said nothing in return, over the span of her life she realized many times the best response is nothing at all.

While her personal conversations were more entertaining, it wasn't worth getting caught again, so she shoved her phone back in that same hoodie pocket and melted into his repetitively stale discussion.

•••

After class Indigo hauled herself back to her dorm room to find Ashlyn already there, sprawled out on her bed sleeping. Indigo thought about waking her up, to put her snoring to a halt, but with all of the recent studying and homework, that would be evil.