A tear fell down Helena's face and she rushed to wipe it, attempting to keep her composure. "Who kissed who?"

"Lena, please, does it really matter?" The boy begged.

"Yes." She raised her voice to an almost yell as she got up and he did the same, both standing on opposite sides of the bed. "Yes, it does matter, Georgie. It matter because..." A couple of tears now rolled down her face as she tried to keep her voice steady. "It matter because I need to understand this, ok? I need to understand what happened."

"I... Lena, I am so sorry... I... I did. I kissed her." He admitted as he started to cry himself.

"Great. Just... great." She sighed. "And then what happened?"

"The last thing I wanted was to hurt you, Lena... I am-"

The girl raised her hand as if to interrupt him. "Don't, Georgie, don't make this any harder." She swallowed hard before speaking again. "And then what?"

"I..." George let another tear fall. "Meredith broke it off. She didn't kiss me back." He admitted, filled with regret and guilt.

Helena cried now openly, taking deep calming breaths. "Would you have stopped if she hadn't? Or would you... would you have...?" She couldn't bring herself to said the words, a knot forming on her throat.

"Lena, I..."

"Please, Georgie. Please, I need you te be honest, ok?" She pleaded.

"I don't think... No, I don't think I would have stopped." Helena sat back on the bed, burying her head in her hands, crying silently as the rain was the only sound in the room.

——

"I can see it already, us both already in dark blue scrubs and you still having to look after me." Both giggled.

"Same here though. You know, you are one of the only people I can actually let my guard down with. I appreciate it." The girl smiled at him softly.

The boy sat next to her, his head falling on her shoulder. "Thank you for always taking care of me, Lena. I don't know what I'd do without you."

——

Sitting on the living room couch, Helena asked the boy, breaking the silence. "Why?"

"What?" He asked, slightly startled.

"Why did you do it? Why did you kiss her?"

"I don't... I was drunk, Lena." He started.

"Georgie, we both know that's not the whole truth. You wouldn't have done that without a reason..." She whispered, her voice a little rasp.

"I don't know... I, I guess... I guess I've never thought of myself as someone who could get beautiful women. And, you know, Meredith is..."

"So, I wasn't enough?" The Portuguese girl asked, a knot on her throat. "Is it because she's blond and has blue eyes? Is it that she's American, doesn't have an accent? Is it that I'm fuller, because I certainly am bigger... is that it? Is Meredith beautiful while I'm not?"