jaehyun x taeyong

demon slayer: kimetsu no yaiba au

"JUNG JAEHYUN, HEAD TO NORTH! HEAD TO NORTH!" jaehyun winced as his kasugai crow shouted from the sky, flying in circles.

the demon slayer sighed sheepishly and looked up to his crow, his grip to the base of his katana, tightened from the loud noise that caught some of the villager's attention. "i got it, just.. could you calm down-"

"HEAD TO NORTH!" jaehyun sighed and nodded, starting to walk towards the north. as his crow flew down to him and stayed on his left shoulder, he said goodbye to the village that he stayed during one of his mission yesterday. before he was about to take another step, a small toddler wearing an adorable kimono came up to him with a shy smile.

"t-thank you for saving my family, sir!" jaehyun's heart filled with emotions as he crouched down to match his height level with the small toddler, gently ruffling her soft raven hair that felt basically like silk. he smiled and looked around, placing a small flower that was near him. it was an aesthetic cherry blossom that had fully bloomed, being that it was already spring season.

the girl gasped and smiled. she took the small flower and smiled, the smile basically lightened up jaehyun's aura. "thank you! s-stay safe!" jaehyun smiled and nodded. "thank you. i will."

~*~

"damn it!" jaehyun scowled to himself as he landed on the ground with a painful force. he had already got scratched by this demon's sharp fingernails on his arm.

the demon cackled loudly as his spine made a huge crack noise. although this demon seemed very flexible that it looked horrifying, jaehyun winced at the noise. the demon grinned menacingly and yelled to jaehyun. "come on, demon slayer?! ain't you gonna save all your pathetic humans!?"

jaehyun rolled his eyes and got into stance, gripping the base of his katana. "air breathing. first form." jaehyun brought out his nimbus grey katana, the tsuka colored in black and light blue. his tsuba had only small decorations but looked aesthetically and simply beautiful. the katana shined brightly with the shine from the moon. "harsh heavenly breeze."

before the demon could respond, jaehyun got ready and sprinted next to the demon, swinging his sword among his neck and sliced of his head. the demon's breathe hitched as his head landed on the ground with a thud. the demon growled angrily and tried to get his body to stand up again. before he could, he noticed jaehyun praying silently to him before looking up again.

the demon's eyes soften slightly when he noticed the sadness in jaehyun's eyes. the demon smiled internally and closed his eyes, trying to accept his fate. as the demon's head and body disintegrated, jaehyun glanced at it bitterly before running to the other demons, trying to track their knowings.

as he heard a faint noise, he stopped his tracks. he quickly gripped onto his katana and got into his stance when he witnessed what he saw beneath his eyes. a male demon getting attacked by another one of its species while a women and her baby cowered against the tree trunk. jaehyun noticed how the male demon that was getting attacked whimpered, his handsome features were almost filled with scars. jaehyun shook his head to clear his mind and gripped onto his katana, running up to the two demons.

as he quickly killed the demon, slicing the head off its body, the demon that was getting attacked backed away and stood in front of the women and her baby, his arms spread out to cover the human. jaehyun stood up properly and arched an eyebrow as he saw how the demon's body was shaking while he tried to be intimidating. subconsciously, jaehyun glanced at the demon's features. a prominent nose, sharp-like eyes, he was quite handsome.

as jaehyun was about to get his katana, the women behind the demon shouted, "p-please don't kill him!" jaehyun frowned. the women stuttered over her words as she hugged her baby. "t-the o-other demon was about to eat me b-but he helped me! i.. i-i don't think he's a bad d-demon!" jaehyun was skeptical, good demon didn't really exist in his dictionary and he was hesitant about trusting the women with this handsome ass demon.