jaehyun × jungwoo

"jungwoo is everything okay?" kun, his guard and also friend gently asked. jungwoo sighed and shook his head.

"no. i don't understand why father has to make other princes and princesses from other kingdoms come here just for me to chose." jungwoo wore his coat and styled his hair. "some are even forced which is more worse. it makes me seem like a bad guy."

kun hummed and gave jungwoo his bracelet, something he cherished for a long time, it was given from his mother. "you're not the bad guy, jungwoo. it maybe is a hideous choice but your majesty wants you to take his place after he's pass it on to you."

"i know.. do you think i'll be able to find someone who i'll trust?" kun smiled and nodded. "you will. you should go. everyone's waiting by now."

jungwoo nodded and his his goodbye to the guard before slowly walking down the giant staircase.

his father, the king of his land noticed his son and smiled bitterly. even though he knew jungwoo hated this, he had to do this so that jungwoo had someone to rule the land with.

"jungwoo." the said male looked up and saw his smiling father gently massage his left shoulder. "i'm very sorry but you'll find someone soon. here." he gave jungwoo a ring, the ring every king or queen wears in every single generation.

"father.." jungwoo chuckled and wore the ring. "thank you." the king nodded with a smile and let jungwoo find a partner to dance with. well, he was expecting a prince since he knew jungwoo preferred men over women.

jungwoo smiled sheepishly as some of the princesses and princes tried to get him to dance with them. jungwoo quickly excused himself and once he escaped, he sighed.

he was going to grab a glass of wine when someone's hand touched his. jungwoo re-treated his hand and chuckled. "sorry. you can have it." jungwoo then saw the prince and was intrigued.

"no, it's okay. you can take it, your highness." the prince gently passed glass towards jungwoo and smiled, his dimples appearing. "my name is jaehyun, son of the jung family."

they both bowed. "jungwoo. son of the king's family." the two started talking about their interests, chuckling about things often. some people looked at them with jealously filled in their eyes, some with disgust but jungwoo's father glared at them back, ending shivers to their back.

when the soft sounds of the piano started to play, jaehyun lend out his hand with a smile. "mind to dance with me?"

jungwoo smiled and took his hand, they ended up in the center of the masquerade room, jaehyun's hand on jungwoo's waist while the other was interlocked with jungwoo's.

"jungwoo? jungwoo! wake up!!" the uwu sat up, panting and looked around. it wasn't the medieval times.. it was a dream.

"oh my god.." jaehyun frowned and pressed his hand on jungwoo's forehead. "babe, you sure you're okay?"

"yeah i-i am b-but jae.." the older hummed, gently stroking jungwoo's lightly damped hair. "i-i had the craziest dream. i was a prince of some kingdom and like kun was my guard for some stupid reason and like there was this king who seem to be my father and he gave me this ring and then i met you and we danced together, jae."

jaehyun chuckled and kissed his lips. "well, i am your prince am i? and you're my princess." jungwoo huffed.

"no. you're my king and i'm your uwu queen! how dare you forget that!"