Sci Fi - 1

I was in a classroom.

That was all I could figure out for the moment. I glanced around me in a daze. Bright holograms displayed equations in the front of the room. A stern appearing teacher manipulated the numbers with a silver pen as he spoke in a droning tone. The students sat in white rounded chairs, with clear desks in front of them that had similar projections to the one the teacher was lecturing on. Each student appeared about 18 or so, wearing a crisp black military uniform with silver trim. There appeared to be mostly men in the room, with a few women here and there.

Glancing down at myself, I noted a similar uniform, with a blue badge in the shape of a shield with a clearly printed "s" on it. My hands were pale, slender, with obvious calluses on the pads of my fingers. Am I a soldier? But this seems to be a classroom...

The desk in front of me was filled with numbers and figures I didn't understand, but scrolling across the side was a short sentence, obviously some sort of private message.

"You stuck up jerk! How dare you embarrass Chris like this?!"

It was sent by someone called "Allie." I read it, completely lost and confused.

Why am I here? Where is this place? Who am I?

I couldn't remember anything. I felt a dull burn of panic. My hands tightened into fists, the short, well trimmed nails digging into my palms.

Another message scrolled down the side of the screen from "Allie":

"Don't ignore me! You need to apologize to Chris! This is why everyone hates you, even if you're an S level Guardian! You'll always be alone!"

Well, whoever I am, at least I'm popular.

I raised my hand, startling the teacher in the front who paused. "Yes, Guardian Alaira?"

Is that my name?

I cleared my throat. "I have to go to the bathroom."

He frowned. "Well, don't let me stand in your way."

"Oh you couldn't even if you wanted to." I spoke without thinking, ignoring the surprised whispers of the classmates around me. Getting up quickly, I followed signs until I found a restroom, closing myself in a stall to think.

What should I do next?

As I tried hard not to panic, I noticed the metallic blue bracelet on my wrist flashing. Another message from that Allie person? I tapped the accessory, curious, and a hologram popped up in front of me, with bright blue words.

**** NEW WORLD: A GUARDIAN'S MIGHT****

New world? I sighed, feeling more confused as the words distorted into random symbols, with only a small amount of readable text shown.

%$#@&*^!@)HJR#YUF#GF01297 ***** ERROR, PUNISHMENT MISSION INITIATED *****UWHIFDQ&*@^#%#^&@(!G@!YJ!GO^@!#@!#&@)!*$G

****All assisting world information has been withheld. Please complete the mission guided solely by character memories. ****

"Mission?" I spoke out loud, frustrated. "What mission? What do you mean character memories?!"

Your mission: Prevent destruction of the human race by the alien monster race known as The Hive.

"Oh, only that? Just save the human race?" I felt a little silly being sarcastic with a bracelet, but my mood was bad enough not to care. "Are you sure you don't want anything else while I'm at it?"

**** DO YOU ACCEPT THIS MISSION?****

I stared at the cold words in front of me, fighting off a strong feeling of déjà vu. "No. I don't accept this mission! Find someone else to save the human race!"