Reverse Harem 4

"So, how goes it?"

I looked up from my phone, which I had been playing with at my desk, and into the smiling face of the young man whose name wasn't in the story.

"How goes what?"

"Your plans for world domination of course!" He pulled a chair over, leaning on my desk. "You know, the ones I promised to help you with?"

"I don't remember accepting that offer." I looked down at my phone, which currently had the mission screen pulled up. Where the acceptance button had once been there was now a progress bar, with only a third of the space filled in.

"37 percent complete"

To be honest, it was more than I had expected for a single day of work. My brother had responded well to our talk, and only got sprayed twice more that evening when he tried to convince me to bring flowers to Rose the next day. I only had to convince two of the three male leads to move on, and I couldn't imagine that either Michael or Jake had undergone any change of heart, so it must be that my brother was almost completely rehabilitated...

With a sigh, I recognized a creeping figure hanging in our classroom doorway, clutching a letter.

He doesn't even go to this school. I reached into my bag and pulled out the spray bottle, heading resolutely towards my wayward brother.

"Adam."

He looked up from where he was crouching in the doorway with a scared expression. "Blaire! You got here faster than I expected!"

"...So you're not here to see me?"

"Ummmm..."

PSST!

"Ahh! No more spraying! I'm sorry!"

"Go back to your own school!" I sprayed his fleeing back a few times for good measure, groaning with frustration.

This is 37 percent complete? The program must be broken.

"Blaire, can we talk?" Jake had approached sometime during my confrontation with my brother, a serious expression on his face.

I stifled the desire to spray him in the face as well. "No."

"But, I said I want to talk to you..." he frowned. "You've never ignored me like this before..."

"Go chase Rose, or flex in front of a mirror, or whatever it is that you do these days." I waved the spray bottle in my hand. "I promise you from the bottom of my heart that I have no feelings left for you, and I'd prefer to not talk to you again." I smiled. "Wow, even just saying it out loud again makes me feel happy." I patted him on the shoulder. "Thanks for that."

And with that I turned back towards the classroom.

"He's still staring at you." The boy now had his head resting on my desk, looking up at me with a peaceful smile.

I sat down, pushing his head off my desk with a book. "Who?"

"The delicate artist boy... did you break his heart?" He looked super pleased at the thought.

"Not that I'm aware of. He's madly in love with my best friend, though. Maybe Rose gave him the cold shoulder?"

"..." He gave me a disbelieving expression.

"What?"

"Nothing. If you want to ignore him, I can follow that." He raised an eyebrow. "If you want him gotten rid of, that could be arranged too."

"What are you, a mafia boss?"

"Nope, just your lowly minion, here to support you on your quest for world domination."