Fantasy World 5

Just my luck to meet the heroine early.

Deep within me, I felt a burst of resentment that wasn't my own. I guess the Priestess' emotions aren't completely gone.

Despite my raging emotions, I kept my face neutral, reaching out to help the heroine, Stella to her feet.

"I was not expecting to find a human out here in the woods. Did you get separated from your party?"

She nodded. "I got lost. I'm sure they are very worried. Could you help me find them?"

"..." Can I not?

Stella eyes were fixed on K'llean again. Blushing, she moved closer, tucking her long hair behind her ear shyly. "You are my heroes, I can only depend on you to help me."

"..." Why does this feel like an annoying NPC side quest?

Stalling for time, I glanced over to see my companions' reactions. The dark haired elf had barely looked at the girl before studying me with concern, seeming to have noticed my emotional fluctuations. He stepped closer, his hand pausing just a few inches away from my own, looking ready to pull me away from the heroine at a moment's notice.

Does he think she's a danger to me?I found this funny given how fragile she looked, although it was probably wasn't a bad idea to be cautious around the heroine of a story.

His reaction was within my expectations, however, as he was suspicious of everyone. The real question was how K'llean was going to react to his future lover.

"..." He stared at her silently, his face expressionless.

That... doesn't seem to be a look of love at first sight.

To be fair, the priestess wasn't around when they met in the story, maybe he fell for her through their interactions?

A part of me couldn't help but wonder if the story had changed too much, and that he wouldn't be interested in her at all.

After a long pause, K'llean nodded slowly. "We can help you."

Ooh, maybe he does like her.

Although I knew the Priestess had been betrayed in a previous life, in this one K'llean was single and okay to fall in love with the heroine. In fact, it would make my life easier if he did.I didn't wait too long to express my agreement.

"Yeah we can take you back to your group."

Stella smiled, the expression lighting up her beautiful face. "Thank you!" She seemed to be speaking to all of us, but directed her words solely at the male lead. Her dainty hand reached out as if to grab his arm. "I was so afraid on my own, you have no idea..."

K'llean stepped to the side, causing her hand to grasp the empty space left behind, and then walked forward as if he had never noticed her motion towards him. "Let's get moving."

Did he... just avoid touching the heroine? I had a bad feeling again, as I cleaned my blade and sheathed it, urging the young woman forward. "Stella, do you have anything from your companions?"

She continued staring at K'llean's back, not answering me. Her face contorted into a expression of disbelief, rage, and embarrassment. The baring of these dark emotions lasted only for a brief second, before being replaced with a gentle smile once more as she turned towards me. "I'm sorry, I was being absentminded, what did you say?"

Scary. I forced a smile, scooting backwards slowly to put some distance between us. "Do you have an item from anyone in your party? Something that might have their scent?"