Vampire Romance 3

There are too many variables in this world.

I brooded quietly in my coffin, staring up at the ornate ceiling. Liam had reluctantly been kicked out by Alexander to let me rest. However, feeling energized from the blood I drank, I couldn't sleep. Instead, my thoughts raced as I went over the story's differences in my head.

First there's Alexander... he's much more reasonable than he was in the story. From my character's memories, he became violent and angry at even the slightest resistance to his relationship with Chelsea. He had quickly become addicted to her special type of blood, spending all his time with her, forming a blood bond with her after only a few months. His reaction to my protest was... mild to say the least.

I mean, I know the brother training method is good, but it's not THAT good. Even Adam took a few weeks before he became less obsessed with the heroine. What's going on?

And then there's Liam's brother Theodore... The story summary didn't mention him, and he wasn't in my character's memories, but he seems a little too... flashy to not be important to the story. Wait... wasn't there a feature that allowed me to access character descriptions?

I cleared my throat. "Open character descriptions."

Blue words formed in front of me.

Please select a character.

First, although it won't work... "Liam."

Character unknown.

Shaking my head, I didn't bother to ask further. For better or worse, Liam was outside of the world. He wasn't in my character's memories, the plot description, or the character info.

Who is he?

I changed tactics.

"Theodore."

Theodore, the teenage brother of the leader of the vampire hunters, and the second male lead of the story.

"Ooh, my brother has a rival. One who's actually the heroine's age? The plot thickens!"

Brash and violent, Theodore is known for having a hatred of vampires since his mother was murdered by one of the elders on the vampiric council when he was a small child. He falls in love with the heroine after she saves his life, patching up his wounds after a battle with the vampires.

"What is it with this heroine and saving half-dead male leads who then fall in love with her?"

He remains a point of contention in the relationship between the male and female lead. Knowing that he is dangerous, Alexander frequently asks her to stay away from him, but Chelsea ignores him, feeling sympathetic to the young man and his quest for revenge. Her relationship with Theodore was taken advantage of, leading to Alexander becoming severely injured on multiple occasions.

"..." I let out a loud sigh as the words faded from view. The curse of an overly kind heroine. She can't leave any pitiful person alone, even if it puts the person she loves at risk. I had seen it time and time again, the pure heart of the female lead being used to lead her and her loved ones into a trap. In a few worlds, when I had been the friend of the heroine, I had tried to step in and intervene, without any result. Any form of dissuading was ignored, or thought of as being "hateful."

I stared up at ceiling. What if it was me? If I were the heroine?

A villainous laugh filled the room.

Screw being pure of heart and kind. It's not my job to save the world. Force me to choose, and I'll always protect my own.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not a heroine.