Vampire Romance 6

Liam and I woke up a short while later, and stopped by to check on the unconscious main characters. They had been placed in a secure, windowless room, still tied to the chairs I had secured them to earlier. Both still slept silently, their heads slumped forward.

Selina sat off to the side, idly polishing silver, a large wooden club and a spray bottle at her side.

"..." I glanced over at Liam. "That club is to protect herself from attackers, right?"

He grimaced, "Good chance it might be there to be used as a tool to silence hormonal teenagers."

"Yeah... I thought that too." I stepped forward, patting Chelsea's cheek lightly. "Wake up."

Selina groaned. "It's sleeping, and is being quiet and clean for once! Can't you let it stay that way?!"

I ignored her. "Chelsea." I called again, adding a little bit of vampiric command behind the words. "Wake up."

Her eyes fluttered open. "Belaire?"

"I'm here." I felt relieved seeing the calm rationality in her eyes, and untied her. "How are you feeling?"

She threw herself forward, hugging me tightly. "It shifted again. And I woke up to a strange man injecting something in my arm! I'm really scared, what's going on?"

I patted her head. "They're after something in your blood, but don't worry, I'll protect you. I won't let them hurt you again."

"Thank you!" She started to cry, and then thought better of it, sniffing back her tears determinedly.

I chuckled, pushing her back to sit on the chair, and gestured towards Alex. "How do you feel about him now?"

Chelsea shrugged, a mild dislike in her eyes. "I still feel somewhat connected to him, but I don't want it. I don't like how obsessed with him I become when I shift."

I glanced off to the side, mentally pulling up the mission progress.

36% Complete

So little... I sighed. They are still on track to an unhappy end.

"Let me ask you a question. What would you like to do with your life? What would make you happy?"

She stared at me strangely. "What do you mean?"

"Do you want to live in this world of vampires and hunters? Do you think the excitement is worth the danger? Or do you want to live a normal life, and find happiness in the mortal world?"

"I..." Glancing over at Alex, she hesitated. "I don't know."

I smiled. "It's okay to not know. But I want you to be thinking about this." I stood up. "Because sometime soon, I'm going to ask you again."

"Okay."

"Good girl." I patted her head.

Selina, who had disappeared, showed up again with a frown.

"Miss, the Vampiric council has summoned you."

"What do they want?"

"It seems to be related to the recent attacks."

Liam picked me up, holding me protectively. "I'll take you there."

"You know I can walk, right? "

"Walking is unnecessary."

"Is this how you're going to be from now on?"

"Yes."

"You're ridiculous, you know that?"