Fantasy World pt 8 (End)

We lived for eight years together as husband and wife.

Although the life oath was more intimate than any title, Liam insisted that we hold a ceremony in the capital of the human territory. Prince Henry helped him plan it out, and since I was the technical savior of the world, it turned into a rather large party.

Looking at the lavish decorations, the happy faces and magical lights floating in the air like balloons, I felt something within me relax.

I wish the Blood Wolves could have seen this party. Although they would have complained about the lack of explosive balloons and weapons.

The fairies had shown up, dancing in the air and drinking too much wine. Violet became a purple blur as she whizzed over our heads, shouting "Congratulations!"

K'llean was invited, but he never came.

___________________________

After the wedding, Liam and I traveled the world. Exploring dungeons, riding desert creatures, diving into the deepest of the dwarves mines, we tried it all, hand in hand.

One night, as we slept under the stars, a thought occurred to me, and I asked him.

"What do you think you would have done if we never met?"

Liam frowned, holding me tightly against his chest. "We did meet though. We're married. No take backs!"

"No, I just mean, hypothetically, if you and I never met, what do you think you would have done?" I leaned into his embrace, patting his head comfortingly. It wasn't as soft as his fur in his wolf form, but I did still like touching his hair.

"It... wouldn't have ended well." Liam sighed. "I was already on the brink of completely losing myself. I spent more time as beast than elf. If I hadn't met you... I think I would have left to get stronger, and eventually come back to destroy them... maybe destroy everything."

"So if you had run into the woods and say, found the amulet..."

"I would have immediately taken the power it offered." Liam nuzzled my shoulder. "I'm not a good person, Belaire. Do you regret it?"

Did I marry the original Dark Lord?

I shrugged. "I'm not a good person either, so I think we're even."

___________________________

After six years, we ran into Stella again. It was on the streets of an outer human town. We had come back from a monster slaying quest, and had just turned in our spoils for a good profit. As I skipped next to him, happily counting our coins and discussing the lavish meal we would buy with it, I heard an angry shout.

"YOU SHOULD ALL FEAR ME!"

Liam eyes met my own.

"Is that...?" I hesitantly asked.

We both looked over. A disheveled young woman with wide eyes rushed towards a random pedestrian.

"I AM THE CHOSEN ONE! THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD!" She shook her head, confused. "No.... wait... I'm the DARK LORD! I will destroy you all!"

I stared at her, feeling conflicted.

What are the odds that we'd run into her?I shook my head. Nevermind, she's the heroine, she runs into everyone.

I hadn't liked her, in either the original story or this lifetime. But there was no escaping that I had changed her life.

Stella sat down, glaring at the ground. "If it weren't for that stupid elf priestess, I would be living wonderfully. They'd be pampering me, protecting me... IT'S ALL HER FAULT! I'm going to kill her! Tear her to pieces!"