Vampire Romance 7 (End)

We gathered the council members, and all the vampires we could call, close to 50. After quickly prepping them on the dangers of the Black Rose, and the hunters, the lab handed out vials of the antidote, and we set out.

I followed the tracker to an abandoned warehouse at the school.

"I told you high schools are no good." I whispered as we entered the grounds, staring at the dark building before us.

"One day you're going to have to explain that prejudice to me."

I gestured to the vampires behind. "Surround the building, enter on my signal." I forced Liam to set me down, and moved closer to the window. The glass was painted over, preventing me from looking inside.

I pulled up the mission progress window.

2% complete.

WARNING, IF THE HERO OR HEROINE DIES PRIOR TO COMPLETION OF THE MISSION, THE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE, AND THE MISSION WILL FAIL.

I was out of time.

I turned over to Liam, kissing him briefly on the lips. "I love you."

"Wife..."

I kicked the window in, jumping down accompanied by a rain of shattered glass.

Men in dark clothes and bronze masks stood in rows, staring up at the stage in front.

On a raised platform, Chelsea was strapped, unconscious, to a table, with needles in both arms draining into urns on either side. At her side, in dark robes stood a dark haired young man, wielding a silver dagger as he smiled at my entrance.

Theodore, Liam's brother.

Before I could process this new information, Theodore spoke up. "The vampire hag has arrived!"

"Seriously? Did you guys send out a memo or something with that nickname?"

"What, were you worried that we might kill your food before you get a taste?" He placed the blade in his hand against Chelsea's neck.

"Don't kill her!" I shouted, stepping closer.

"Why not?"

"You already have her blood... she's an innocent human."

"She's consorted with vampires, which is enough to condemn her." He shrugged. "Dead or alive, it never really mattered. The Black Rose is extremely potent. All I need are a few cups of her blood to destroy all of mankind."

"What if I take her place?"

Theodore paused before throwing his head back to laugh. The creepy sound echoed around the large warehouse, seeming to surround me in the creepy sound.

"All vampires are liars and betrayers." He motioned, and two masked men dragged out a figure chained in silver. The person struggled intensely, but couldn't shake off his captors or his binds. He turned his head wildly from side to side, his gagged mouth letting out a groan as his familiar red eyes met my own.

"Alex." I whispered. "Why?"

Theodore nodded and one of the men pulled down Alex's gag.

"It was the only way, Bel." His calm eyes, his pressured, arrogant way of speaking... it could only mean one thing.

It wasn't Alex. It was the traveler who inhabited Alex's body.

I felt frustrated. "Are you trying to kill me?"

His eyes widened. "Never! But I had to finish the story, before I lost myself again."

My voice was quiet and angry. "Even if it killed Chelsea?"