040 | 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜𝚞 𝙷𝚘𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚒~𝙱𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙹𝚘𝚢

Requested by RaiNami28

     Also, this is part 2 of the Gengetsu Hozuki~Marriage. Enjoy :3

     "Dear, I'm home!" you yelled, throwing your bag on the floor with a sigh. 

     After wandering around the house for a while, you began to feel worried, Gengetsu always runs to you when you're home but today he didn't. 

     "Gen? Baby?" you called out softly, making your way through your guys' shared house. You stopped dead in your tracks when you see your lover sitting on the couch, a serious expression splattered on his face. Even though he didn't have 

     "(Y/n), we need to talk" He sighed, patting the couch next to him. You slowly made your way to him, sitting down you gently grab his hand. "Are you ok? What's wrong?" you shakily asked. He moves his hands away from yours and runs it through his hair, frustrated.

     "I don't know what to feel anymore (Y/n)," he said.

     Your heart sank as he said that, thinking that he's going to break up with you. "F-feel about what?" You whispered.

     "Everything... I'm sorry... But this isn't working out" the eyebrowless man said, avoiding your gaze.

      "You're breaking up with me?" Your voice cracks, your tears now falling down your face. "But, since when did the elders change their mind? What happened?"

     "Do you know why?" he asked, wiping your tears softly. You shake your head no and he sighs, looking away from you before he locked eyes with you again.

     "I ain't ever seen two pretty best friends, always one of them gotta be ugly." you blinked a few times, you later grabbed the nearest pillow and pelted him with it. Deserved! He then lifted an arm to grab the pillow you were pelting him with. "Okay, okay, but for real though."

     He stood up from the couch and took out a small black square box, the lid opened by a hinge and revealed a shining gold circular band. "Will you... Marry me?"

     You felt tears stinging your eyes as those clusters of words escape from your significant other. The pooled up salty liquid in your eyes slowly made its way down your cheeks. 

      "Yes. Yes, yes, yes!" you threw yourself on the man, hugging him tight, though not too tight so that he'll suffocate. "I love you so much."

     "I love you more." 

-×-

     A month later.

     Your eyes slowly fluttered open to see the plastic stick before you, two pink lines gradually appearing, confirming your theory. You're gonna be a mom. 

     A wave of relief washed over you, you were gonna have a baby with your (now) husband. It may sound like you two were moving really fast, but it was a dream come true for you. A memory played remembering the time where you both first met and was told to be arranged in a secret marriage. Secret, because if the other villages find out the current Mizukage has someone special (even though you two never connected before in some way) they may take this chance to invade the Hidden Mist by capturing his loved one. That's all you were told by one of the elders that were kind enough to tell you what was going on all those years ago. And now here you were, happy to be wedded to your husband, who's still the Mizukage despite his charismatic and laid back personality. 

     You then proceeded to place the pregnancy test into a small box you found lying around and baked a vanilla cake for your lover. 

     "(Y/n)? I'm home!" a voice called out from the living room. Your head instantly shot up and quickly rushed to the front door. 

     "Welcome home, dear." you rushed up to him and looped your noodle arms around him, you blamed all the mixing and baking you had to go through without him or anyone around. 

     "Whoa, what's with the hug? I just got back from work not from war." he chuckled, hugging back your small frame. 

     "Oh, nothing. I just- I have something for you," his facial feature turned from thinking to complete confusion. You took his hand and led him all the way to the kitchen, well more like dragging him. Once you both reached the kitchen, Gengetsu's eyes widened slightly when he noticed the cake on the kitchen island counter. 

     "Oh, what is this?" he asked, as if oblivious to the huge clue before him; pink and blue balloons and a vanilla cake, you later took the box and gave it to him. He pulled the yellow ribbon and took the lid off to reveal a positive pregnancy test you took not too long ago.

     ...

     For a minute or two, it took him a while to process what it meant. You couldn't wait any longer so you explained it to him.

     "Are you serious?" he stared blankly at the plastic stick before slowly shifting his gaze at you.

     You nodded vigorously, "Yes! Gosh, I thought I had to explain it to you long and hard there but- at least you figured it out. I had to leave a bun in the oven there just in case you couldn't figure it out!"

     He pulled you into a tight embrace. For a second you swore you would die of suffocation. "Thank you! I've always wanted to be a dad! Thank you! I love you so much."

     You smiled. Content with life and the man you're with.

965 words

And I'm back! My exams are over; now I just need to wait if whether or not I'll have to go through the remedial or not. But, I've gotten back some of the results and so far I'm doing great. Thanks for the support and votes! :)

Also, I can't believe I wasted 30 minutes on finding a gif for this one-shot.