022 | 𝙾𝚖𝚘𝚒~𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛

No comment, just enjoy :)

     It was getting late in the afternoon and close to sunset you were busy cooking dinner and putting the final touches on everything, you wanted everything to just be perfect or at least as perfect as you could make it. You've had a crush on Omoi for a long time, however; you were painfully shy and couldn't manage to confront him with your feelings, it was way past a simple crush at this point and you had really fallen in love with him now.

     You didn't want to spend another day just as his friend, it took you a while to come up with a plan and you knew you would never be able to tell him how you felt so instead you wrote him a letter and sealed it up in a cute little envelope. But you also wanted to make things a bit more special which is why you decided to cook him dinner, of course, he didn't know about this though because you wanted it to be a surprise.

     You could feel butterflies in your stomach because you were incredibly nervous about the whole thing, but happy that you were going to get it off your chest. But you had no idea how he would respond to it all, after all the two of you had been friends for such a long time that you hoped you hadn't crossed over to the friend zone.

     You were at his place cooking dinner because you wanted him to come home to it, and you were used to going over to his place. After all, he never seemed to mind. It was getting close to the time when he would be coming home and the more nervous you were getting. You had set the table and everything was looking near perfect and you held the letter you wrote closely to you.

     Suddenly you heard the door opened and you felt your heart drop you didn't know if you were going to be able to do this or not and was quickly having second thoughts. You stood in the Kitchen by the table nervously, not sure what to say how were you going to go about this? Omoi stepped into the kitchen before you could decide what to do, "What's this?" he asked seemingly a bit surprised by the dinner,

     "I thought I'd fix you dinner." You said stuttering a little as you tried to steady your voice, you could already feel your cheeks growing hot.

     "Just because?" he asked as though he felt there was a deeper motive.

     "Well it is the start of the weekend," you said trying to joke and lighten the situation, but you felt like it wasn't working. You didn't think about how suspicious it seemed, after all, it's not like you cooked dinner for him regularly so it must have seemed odd.

     "Are you sure there's nothing more to it?" he asked, seeming a bit curious he must be thinking you were wanting something from him or maybe that you had done something that you were worried he'd be mad about.

     "No, it's nothing really." You suggested; you were trying to build up the courage to give him the letter but it was so hard.

     "Can't I do something nice for you?" you asked, though you could feel yourself beginning to blush and didn't think you could hold it together much longer, and before he could answer, you held your hand out to him holding the letter in your hand. You couldn't even look him in the eye and stared down at the floor.

     Omoi took the letter from you, "What's this?" he asked

     "Just read it please," you said still looking away from him, you cupped your hands together against your chest. It was all out of your hands now and you couldn't do anything more, it felt like your cheeks were on fire it had to be very noticeable that you were blushing, and you felt like your stomach was in knots.

     "Is this really how you feel?" he asked sounding more serious than before, you couldn't get the words out and simply nodded instead still keeping your head down and avoiding his gaze but also trying to hide how much you were blushing now.

     Suddenly you felt him brush your hair behind your ear before cupping your cheek in the palm of his hand, you looked up at him in surprise.

     "It's okay," he said in a gentle voice,

     "No reason to be shy about how you feel," he reassured,

     "I-I know but..." you said but trailed off not knowing what to say

     "You should know." he said plainly, "I feel the same way about you," he said, though he didn't seem nearly as shy about it as you did, he moved closer to you and wrapped his arms around you in a warm hug.

     You were almost speechless but you couldn't be happier with how things turned out; it was like a dream come true. You quickly hugged him back and rested your head against his chest, you would be happy to just stay like this forever.

862 words

=_=

Sorry (not really) for the short one-shot. Here's potato :3

 Here's potato :3