036 | 𝚂𝚊𝚒~𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚔

Sunlight spilled from your window into your room. You welcomed the warmth that came with it. Sai had even slipped into your room, unnoticed. For you were in a trance, being showered by the light the sun had engulfed you in. Your face glowed a beautiful golden, rivaling the daffodils he had gifted you the other day.

     With your arms piled on the table and your head resting on top, you had your eyes closed in a nap; and most likely from boredom. Such a cruel mistress/mister.

     Sai peaked at the cloth you had been working on from a week ago. In your homeland, you had a fabric named Batik. Wax-resist dyeing applied to cloth. Created either by drawing dots and lines of the resist with a spouted tool or stamped.

     He shook you awake. Grumbling in your sleep, your eyes slowly fluttered open as your head lifted from the pile of crossed arms laid on your work desk.

     "What time is it?"

     "Just past 2."

     "AM?"

     "PM."

     "Oh, ok." you shrugged and picked your canting, ready to get back to work despite many protests coming from her back that had slouched for the whole day.

     "Wait," he gripped your hand and slowly peeled your fingers from the batik hand tool. "Do you wanna go out?"

     A frown was present on your lips. But the plan didn't seem too bad. On the good side, it provides new ideas for your batik designs. On the downside, you have to see people. "Where do you wanna go?"

     "We can.. Take a walk in the forests? Plus (D/n) is tired of being a loaf all day long." Sai's body tilted to the side, you spotted your guy's dog on the floor with its legs tucked in. You chuckled at how it did remind you of a bread loaf.

     "Sure." the canting was soon stored away. The batik was left hanging by a slim string connected from one side of the window to the other as it blew like laundry sheets in the wind.

     Your lover went to get a leash for your pup. With the wardrobe open you decided on what you wanted to wear. An idea popped up, which suggested that you wear your pajamas. You threw that to the deepest darkest part of your mind, giggling at how it can even conceive such a thing. After picking your clothing of choice, you checked on your piece before leaving.

     "Sai?"

     "Mhm." he gave his signature gentle smile after securing the collar on your doggo.

     "So, the woods, yes?"

     "Yes, the woods. I know how you don't like interacting with others."

     Ah, you know me so well. What am I gonna do with you, Sai?

     The gentle breeze danced with your hair. The shorter guy ran walked beside your beloved. Something that had the color of yellow seemed to catch your attention. Dead leaves lay on the contrastingly bright green grass as it piled up. Not only did it catch your attention, your pupper's pupils seemed to dilate as if dashed for the mountain of dead leaves, bringing Sai along.

     The animal dove into the mountain, digging its way through while a few leaves got stuck on its fur. It bounced around what you can interpret as land dolphins. The dead leaves were the sea and your pupper was the dolphin. You told your lover and the corner of his lips turned up forming another smile.

     It took some time to get your pup back in line, fortunately, you managed. Continue to strode down the path of the forest, you stumbled upon an abandoned children's playground. The monkey bars were overtaken by vines. You even had to subdue the urge to slide down the dirtied slides. Oh, how tempting it was to relive your childhood. Your hands moved a few leaves and grime off the swing before you sat down on it and gazed up at the sky. It was relaxing to gaze upon the vast sky full of clouds. 

      Maybe you could do a whole design based on them? So that when they look at your batik, it can also calm them down. Taking a walk was really something you needed after all.

742 words

(づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ

Check Chapter 91 :D