018 | 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎~𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗

Was feared as the Monster of the Hidden Mist, was also shinobi of Kirigakure's Hoshigaki Clan. After joining the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist, he became an S-rank missing-nin and was partnered with Itachi Uchiha when the latter joined Akatsuki.

     Fun fact: Kishimoto first intended to make Akatsuki's members monsters with almost no human traits. Zetsu, Kisame and Kakuzu and, to a lesser extent, Deidara and Sasori are prime examples of this. Kisame, in particular, resembles a Samebito meaning Shark Man, a Japanese mythological creature.

     (S/n): Soname :D

    It was supposed to be a wonderful camp night. You tried to imagine the crackling sound of the bonfire that was replaced by small burns of the fire trying to keep itself alive in the midst of the downpour. The bag of marshmallows is now left sitting beside the wall of the tent. You didn't seem to mind about the rain. Usually, it comes a the right time, right place. However, this one came at the wrong time, wrong place.

     Perhaps the one most disappointed one of the bunch was your son. Grey eyes that looked white possibly clouded by the rain. The raincoat you and Kisame gave appeared to have swallowed him whole. His hands were hidden beneath the yellow waterproof fabric and every time he would grab something the sleeves would crumple together like a huge scrunchie. He tugged on your arm. You turned to him, still sitting on the tent floor, knees close to his chest, and big eyes stared at you.

     "What's the problem, (S/n)?" your son pointed outside, through the window of the tent, you spotted the fire that had been put out by the weather.

     "Can we play in the rain?" it had just started to rain a few minutes ago. Small water drops drummer on the tent. Some hit the window, blurring it.

     "Sweetie, it's still raining really bad at the moment. How about when the rain's died down a bit then we can play? It's still too cold outside. You can race the raindrops on the window instead." picking the pointing at one drop, you beckoned your son to do the same. Then, you placed a bet that yours was gonna slide down faster than his. You watched as his eyes soon filled with sparkle, the same one you'd see when he's gonna go on a play date with auntie Konan.
A few minutes passed, you turned on the portable stove you brought and roasted some marshmallows with it.

     "(S/n), do you want some marshmallows?" it was a quick yes. He scampered towards you, taking the stick from your hands. You can sort of see the wagging tail of his if you look harder. (your son is not a dog, it's a metaphor)

     "When is papa gonna be back?" oh, wait. He's right. Kisame had gone out to collect fire wood just before it rained cats and dogs. You hoed he was okay. Then again, he is a darn shark.
"Don't worry. Papa is gonna be okay. We'll see him again after the rain is gone." you replied, patting your son's head.

     It was a drizzle now, sounds of pitter patters were not so audible as before. You allowed your son to exit the tent.

     He bolted out, the hoodie of his raincoat flying off him, and now his hair is soaked, clinging onto his neck. You knew there were chances he'd get sick, catch a cold. But you also wanted him to feel alive. You know that. To work long shifts every single day, always coming home hungry, exhausted, and in need of rest.

     "Hey, what are you doin', little buddy?" a blue-skinned man had picked up your son. At first, worry crept up your skin as you had a mini heart attack. No worries, it was just your husband. Kisame twirled your son around in the air, the latter's laughter filling the silence. With your raincoat, you stepped out to meet the two people you loved the most.

     "Kisame, where were you?"

     "There was a nearby village, one of the blacksmiths speculated there was gonna be heavy rain. So, he let me stay before coming back to you." that explained it. Water filled the boots of both yours and Kisame's, turns out, your son had splashed some water from the puddle that had formed around the camping site. "Oh, you wanna do that now, you little rascal?"

     Kisame and (S/n) later engaged in a splash war that continued even after the rain had stopped.

771 words

(ಥ _ ಥ)

Check Chapter 93 and 91