092 | 𝙲~𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚕𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Requested by karma_stawberrymilk

    This has been in my drafts for a long time and yesterday I just got the willpower to finish it ;w;

     Waking up to murmurs of C's comrades, realization finally sets in after minutes that people had been asleep for more than a day. He spotted how Darui unplugged a giant bulbous caramel-colored gourd. Wisps of smoke spilled from the opening and two familiar figures formed; Atsui and Samui. 

     Another sound was also audible from where C stood. A young red-haired kunoichi was seen smacking a white-haired boy of the same age, while-is that Killer B?-strode around the battlefield searching for a certain tailed beast that was last seen with a loud blonde shinobi. 

     There was one voice he had been seeking for, yours. C roamed around the battlefield littered with lifeless bodies and injured ninjas in need of medical assistance, asking for Kumo-nins for your whereabouts. He finally heard your name mentioned by a leaf ninja along with the words main battlefield and injured. Panic soon enveloped him, swallowing whole. Main battlefield? Aren't you supposed to be with him in the sensor division? And injured, he thought that the fifth Hokage, Tsunade has created an area suitable for ninjas who were in critical condition. What happened? 

     He listened in on the ninjas again and worry was lifted off his chest when he heard that you were with a medical ninja at the moment and... The war was over. 

     A familiar voice finally came near to where C stood. 

     "C!" at the calling of his name he snapped his head to the direction of it and spotted you, running toward him. Is this a dream? Even when you were right in front of him, he still thought you were not there. He thought you were supposed to be limp, just left a shell of once a living human whose life was lost in the conflict, the clash against the Akatsuki.

     But no, you weren't dead, you were here, with him. He can finally rest easy, knowing that you were living, breathing, alive. 

     After failed attempts of calling his name over and over again, you decided to slap him out of his thoughts. The harsh slap made several ninjas retreat from you like some storm that reminded them of their wives or mothers that are probably worried sick about them during the war. 

     Samui and Darui came to the conclusion that you were irritated at C, so, similar to a sitcom, they warned other ninjas even the ones that were not from Kumo to stay away from you, telling false stories who you'll rip their heads off if they were even to cross you when you're ticked. Some shinobis weren't convinced and some were scared the souls out of them. Omoi was one of the victims, of course. Karui gave him another smack to his head, obviously seeing through the lies coming from the two shinobis. 

     Your beloved immediately embraced you and you hugged him tighter. C was able to sense your beating heart, indicating that you really were present right before him. He took in your scent of sweat and breathed out your name, fatigue seemed to finally settle in following the absence of the rush of adrenaline of fighting the enemy.

     "I love you, I missed you so much," he mumbled out.

     "I love you too, silly. I missed you as well. How was your sleep? I heard when you guys were sleeping, you get to dream what you had always wanted." he did indeed dream. He dreamt of living a peaceful life with you, occasionally receiving missions once or twice. Perhaps you waking him up after a long slumber, with the sun greeting him in the morning or noon if he was lucky enough to sleep in. Maybe he should ask Darui for a day off or a week off if he were to become the next Raikage. 

     C planted a weak nonetheless an endearing kiss on your temple before collapsing on the ground, exhausted. For a few seconds, you were worried he was out of chakra, however, another ninja had confirmed to you that he was just in need of a long nap. 

     "Sure. The war is over, there's no more enemy to fight nor anymore betrayal. You can rest all you want, my love."

724 words

(*'꒳'*)

Other chapters updated :D

1. Hidan (Chp. 50)2. Hashirama (Chp. 56)3. Darui (Chp. 42)

Less than last time because I procrastinated ;w;