057 | 𝙹𝚞𝚐𝚘~𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝

Requested by 4REVXNGE (It's also my first Gender Neutral one-shot :)

     Jugo is a shinobi from an unnamed clan, who was being held at Orochimaru's Northern Hideout. He was said to have gone to Orochimaru of his own free will, hoping that Orochimaru would cure him of his rages. He was later recruited as a member of Sasuke Uchiha's group Taka.

     Fun fact: Despite Jūgo being a user of Sage Transformation, none of his techniques are listed as senjutsu in the fourth databook.

     Hint: this was before he went to Orochimaru.

     "So... How many cases to be exact?" you asked, putting down the paper to look at your captain.

     "About sixteen cases," he answered. Many shinobi have gone missing lately in your neighboring village. Even though it's a small one, it's still a big deal. Elite shinobis have been reported missing from missions. Not just that, the animals have been acting weird too. Birds have also been reported to act strangely when around shinobis in the village. Not only that security's been tight too.

     You live somewhere between the Hidden Rain and Leaf. So, it's a pretty dangerous world out there, so dangerous that both of your village and the neighboring one you're currently investigating had to put up walls for safety. 

     "(Y/n), you'll go on a patrol after this, are you okay with this?" your captain asked, looking at you with the hope you'll say yes. 

     "I'm okay with it," you answered after a few minutes of silence. You later went to your inn room and grabbed your kunai pouch and your Tachi, informing your friends about your patrol schedule. Although, it seemed as though they didn't care, or just pretending they didn't hear you. To you they were 'good friends, but to them, what were you? 

     Sometimes you asked that question and had gotten no answer. But you had to focus on the mission right now, not your personal relationship with them. You had two hours to patrol around the village, hopefully, you don't get lost in your thoughts while doing your job.

     Nope.

     Your body looked as if it's doing your job well, but your mind has gone places. Absurd thoughts have been coming in and out of your mind for a good thirty minutes now. Similar to the ones you will always get seconds before you hit the sack. 

     You stopped in your tracks when you noticed the change in the wind, it was slightly warmer, even though it was supposed to be cold at night. The village wasn't in sight too. All you could imagine right then and there was how annoyed your captain would be when he found out you went off on your own little world again. 

     Continuing in one direction, hoping to find your village, you stumbled upon a flock of birds. Shooing them away, you were suddenly hit by the head. 

-×-

     Waking up, it was dark, the only light source near you were a few dim-lit candles. Your head was still spinning a little, realizing that you were in a cave. Before you stood a creature, his back facing you. Reaching into your pocket you hoped to find a kunai, your heart sank when your eyes locked on your kunai pouch right between its feet. Silently, you analyzed the creature's features; his skin was dark and on both of his forearms were two enormous blades that might as well rival the swords from the Hidden Mist. 

     The creature then turned around and glared at you, its irides a pale yellow color while his sclerae were black. 

     He's probably the one behind the missing ninjas reports. 

     You thought, trembling as you struggled to keep a stern, fearless look. The creature noticed your behavior change and slowly its dark skin began to turn into a much lighter tone. In the end, there were you and a very tall, muscular young man who had spiky orange hair, red-orange eyes who adorned a pale blue shirt, and pale green shorts. And you swore, for some reason, he seemed quite handsome to you.

      "Sorry about that," he chuckled, sitting down in front of you since you had your back resting against the wall. "I not have a hostage in my cave..."

     "What?" you muttered, sadly he heard you.

     "I'm just kidding, don't worry about that..." he trailed off when he noticed your slightly ragged breaths. "Hey, don't worry, if you're wondering if I'm gonna kill you, no, I won't. But I will let you go if you decide to never tell anyone where this cave is, okay?"

     The question is: Did you want to go back? Sure you had friends, but are they really your friends? Your captain would also humiliate, correction, 'scold' you for messing up on your duty. Plus, your family died during the war, So...

     "Can I stay?" you whispered. The boy stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. 

     "What did you say?"

     "I said, can I stay?" you raised your voice a little bit, eyes looking up at him. For a moment he saw it, tired flames that flicker in your eyes, sure that you've been through much pain. So, he let you stay.

     Days turned to weeks and soon it turned to months.

     Jugo never meant to fall for someone like you, a ninja who'd never done any harm to anyone. You weren't famous for a certain something, you were just, normal. He never thought he deserved your help, the way you tended him so carefully after his rages, he was someone who's done bad things to good people, he was everything that's the opposite of you, and you knew that. But yet you still stayed.

     Accidental injuries became purposeful. Whenever he was hurt, the man would find himself back in his little hideout, small smiles would appear on his face as you tended his cuts and bruises, telling him how reckless he was. Soon, he was no longer littered with little cuts but instead healing scars and a heavy blush that told you he thought the world of you. 

     You two shared your first kiss at midnight when he told you his thoughts about you and how you felt the same. 

1053 words

 (⌐■_■)ノ Aight Imma sleep now

And here ya go, sorry it takes hella long. I procrastinate. A lot. (sowwy ;w;)