019 | 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚊~𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝

He was the legendary leader of the Uchiha clan. He founded Konohagakure alongside his childhood friend and rival, Hashirama Senju, intending to begin an era of peace. When the two couldn't agree on how to achieve that peace, they fought for control of the village, a conflict which ended in Madara's death.

     Fun fact: Despite Madara being a user of the Six Paths Senjutsu and using various senjutsu techniques, he is not listed as a user of senjutsu in the fourth databook.

     Eyes expanding, grief over took him as his knees nearly buckled and caused his fall, yet he stood tall with a grim expression painted across his face as the tears threatened to escape from his eyes, yet he held them back with the last of his strength as his ruby red eyes scanned over what the doctor's lips read, the words being processed in his eyes as panic washed over him. 'Your wife is in critical condition. We've decided that she also may be dying because of the chakra seal placed upon her.'

     Spit accumulated within his dry mouth, the saliva been swallowed roughly as his tongue lapped at his lips in a haste. Blinking, Madara's eyes returned
to its usual abyss-like color, brows furrowed in an emotion one could read as either panic or grief. His gloved hands intertwined with each other, being held at the height of his waist as his head fell, his interest being at the floor. "Will she make
it at least? What's needed for her to survive?" His voice was trembling with fear as his cheek became nibbled viciously by his teeth within his mouth, his breathing becoming raggedy with anxiety.

     "We have to get an Uzumaki in here pronto with high-level prowess in chakra seals and releases. If we don't get one within forty-eight hours, your wife will experience chakra exhaustion. If we transfuse some chakra into her, it seems that the seal will accept it but the seal steals chakra faster than we can transfuse it. A week is at most the longest we can keep her alive. I'm sorry, Madara-Sama."

     The male's large shoes clacked against the floor, leaving Madara to be alone in the waiting room as he stuck by the door frame and looked back at the Uchiha.

     "You can visit her for as long as you want. There's a large chance she'll wake up since her blood levels are now stable." The medic muttered, finally leaving the agony possessed man to himself as the clan leader's feet finally moved, hesitantly walking towards the closed door as he mustered all his courage to grasp at the door handle, opening it with a released sigh of anguish as his eyes widened at the sight of your still, unmoving figure in the bed. 

     Machines surrounded you like the sounds that emerged from them sounded like a video game, taunting him, saying he lost the game that was called life as he gulped down more spit. Closing the door behind him, his body shook with heartache as the tears he forced back earlier finally started to well up at the corners of his eyes.

     Breathing pattern now raggedy, his throat drying up and becoming sore with each breath he took in, his brows knitted up as he took a closer look at you and sat by the bed on a chair, perching himself precariously onto it. Fear overtook him, removing the crimson-splattered black glove from his hands as he reached for you slowly. It was cold. Your hand was cold, and the skin, not its usual warm color, much lighter than it would be. Though there wasn't a storm just yet, the grey clouds swarming in fromabove, rain fell from his eyes, spilling onto the hospital bed as his mind targeted himself, shifting the blame onto himself as guilt washed over him.

     Sobs were evoked from his mouth as his eyes closed, the fat, salty tears rolling down his cheeks as they stained his light skin pink. His face became flushed, turning red with anger targeted towards himself as his eyes opened again. Reaching out, his hand finally skimmed over yours, tracing over your knuckles and fingers before landing at the wedding ring that adorned your ring finger. Clasping his hand over yours, his one provided the warmth you needed as he turned your palm over and laced his hands with yours, intertwining them as the despair ruptured his heart, breaking it into thousands of pieces that were similar to that of a broken mirror. Clutching desperately like a lost child tugging at his mother's dress, his hand gripped yours tightly as his sobs became louder, echoing around the soundproof room and overtaking the volume inside.

     The whirring sounds of the machines, your faint breathing, and the rain that started to pour outside were nothing compared to his heartbreaking cries of melancholy and sorrow. Madara gently threw himself onto you, crying into your lap as his free hand clutched the blanket covering you, staring at your closed eyes from his blurry, water-filled sight.

     He promised himself; he promised after lzuna's death that he wouldn't allow anyone else to die, especially his wife. Yet here he was, weeping over her near the life-drained body with the remorse striking his heart with no forgiveness. "(Y/n), (Y/n), please, just open your eyes, I can't afford to lose you. Come, (Y/n), please. is it because I let that shinobi aet you with the kunai? is it becauseI let you bleed out to finish everyone else off? I didn't mean to prioritize the mission, I never did,

     I tried to focus on you, but if] let them live they may have gone after us." Rising from your lap, a wobbly circle stain of tears where he once cried, his hand rose to cup your face as he muttered a mantra of words under his breath. "I love you, (Y/n). You promised you wouldn't leave me.
Don't you remember your vows? 'I won't allow even death to tear us apart, Madara'. Y-You don't seem to be living up to them. Just open your eyes? Just once...please." a sob wrecked him as you twitched, responding to the large noises all around.

     "..."

     Finally, your eyes opened. You were still weak, extremely weak. Hand weakly clutching back at his, still intertwined, you were at a state of such vulnerability it was hard to open your mouth from the dryness of it as he quickly went and grabbed the nearby water, opening it as you parted your lips for him to pour it into your yearning mouth.

     Gulping it down, he finally realized that he had to accept your death if an Uzumaki didn't come into play. If you were to fall asleep for eternity, at least he knew your final moments weren't going to be the bloody mess that was the mission that caused this situation as he forced you to lay on your back, planting a kiss on your head as his thumb caressed over your face, and a weak hand clasped over it as you leaned into his touch silently.

     "Rest your head, (Y/n). You've come far but it may be time for you to go, and you've done plenty. I love you." Tears welled up in your eyes as they spilled, your hand covering Madara's as a whimper came from you, and a whisper was finally said. "I...don't wanna die. Madara, don't leave me. I don't want to leave you." Leaning in, his lips
connected with yours as you kissed back with as much strength as possible.

     "Neither do I, love. So just rest. I promise I'll do anything to ensure your survival." you nodded.

     "I love you." a sad, agony
filled smile quirked up onto his lips.

     "I love you most."

1236 words

(╥_╥)

Today seemed rare for some reason, I guess I'd paid a lot more to the details when I wrote down the one-shot chapter. At first, I wanted to write two parts, but knowing me, I know I wouldn't put much effort into it, so this happened.