039 | 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜𝚞 𝙷𝚘𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚒~𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚐𝚎

AKA the second Mizukage

     Requested by RaiNami28

     During his lifetime, Gengetsu had mutual enmity with the Second Tsuchikage, which ended in both men killing each other in what would be their final confrontation. From this rivalry, he also knew Ohnoki when the latter was a child and had constantly picked on him.

     Fun fact: Gengetsu is the only second-generation Kage to not have been in attendance with his predecessor at the first gathering of the five Kage. His place was taken by the one who would become his successor.

     "Oi."

     "..."

     "(Y/n)?"

     "..."

     "Please look at me," the blond 'old' man continued, despite his attempts, you held your ground and didn't even glance his way. One of his hands found your shoulder and spun your body around. "Are you angry at me?"

     You didn't answer. Internally you wanted to call him Wispy Whiskers as payback for him interrupting and embarrassing you in front of the elders earlier. Gengetsu is typically laid back, jovial, and has a somewhat carefree attitude at times. He is also very charismatic and not averse to praising other people while at the same time a bit of a bully, although, he also seems to have somewhat of a short temper at times. Especially when someone comments about his thin mustache.

     You continued to ponder, asking silently why him out of all people, why the Wispy Whiskers out of all people? There were so many people your village elder could partner you up with but no, they had to choose Wispy Whiskers. You had control over your six tails, yes, your temper, not so much, and this was the resolve, amazing.

     "Think for yourself, you're the Second Mizukage, right?" you finally replied, your head gradually lifting itself up to scan his body language, avoiding his gaze. Sporting his typical attire consisted of a long-sleeved, high-collared, grey kimono, which has the pin-striped pattern that is common amongst the shinobi of Kirigakure. This article is worn over a dark-green suit, with a similarly colored sash wrapped around his waist, and a pair of sandals which reached up to his calves.

     He let out a slightly annoyed sigh, his patience running thin, obviously. "Look, (Y/n), I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... Embarrass you." the man was apologizing? That's new.

     "Yeah, it's fine, it's okay," he outstretched his arms covered in his long grey kimono sleeves. You rushed yourself and snuggled your face in his chest, cherishing the feeling.

-×-

     After exiting his office you made your way back to your shared abode and waited for his arrival home. The floorboards creaked beneath your feet as you walked towards your shared bedroom, slumped on the bed as if you were boneless. A minute or two passed where you laid there completely having no desire to leave. You flipped your body over and your head turned to your right, your eyes landing on the wooden shelf built to sustain your things; books, some documents, framed photos, you name it, memories of your broken past.

     You sat up and scooted off the bed and towards the shelf, stopping right in front of it. Your hands reached out to grasp a certain framed picture of your family, who's no longer with you. Not only that your brother was now barely alive in the hospital, but you also didn't even know where your mom and dad were buried. Though a Kirigakure shinobi informed you their resting place about a week ago. Two small gravestones by a grey chainlink fence in the outskirts of the village, the land was healthy since it was near a fresh lake, that lake was also your place to go after missions or after a long day.

     You made your way back to the bed and laid on your side, curling yourself up. You never noticed the tears when you suddenly tasted them on your lips. 

     "(Y/n)! I'm home!" the voice of your soon to be husband echoed throughout the house. You quickly wiped your tears away and placed the framed photo back to where it belongs, running down the stairs to greet him.

     "Welcome home!" you greeted, smiling, though it was a forced one. Gengetsu wasn't smart, nonetheless, he was far from dumb. He noticed the wells below your eyes and the redness in your (e/c) orbs. Without hesitating he pulled you in in a warm yet tight embrace, you were slightly taken back by his sudden behavior but didn't bother to protest since you were slowly opening up to him by now.

     "You were crying, weren't you?" he asked, running his fingers through your hair. Your pipes broke again and now you were crying in his arms, the tears soaking the grey kimono he was wearing,  you pulled back when you noticed you ruined his outfit.

     "I'm sorry, Gengetsu. Your kimono, I-"

     "No, no- it's alright, come here," he pulled you back in his embrace and you both stayed like that for a moment as if time had stopped for the two of you. 

     "I'm sorry." you apologized.

     "What for?" he inquired,

     "Ruining your kimono," you pointed at his shoulder where you were resting your head on, specs of your tears were there. He touched it yet didn't give care for it.

     "No, it's fine, we can get it washed later tomorrow, you're more important now," he assured, "Please don't cry, I miss that smile, you make me so happy by just smiling your average everyday smile like that. So, don't cry, okay?"

      You nodded and rested your head back on his shoulder. By the looks of it, maybe this arranged marriage was gonna work.

979 words

U.U

I'm so very sorry for the long wait, my school's exams are gonna start within one week so I really had no time to write right now. I won't be able to post in a while but I will still be accepting requests.