023 | 𝚈𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚊~𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜

All right, more hidden Mist characters~!

     The jinchūriki of the Three-Tails and the Fourth Mizukage of Kirigakure. Yagura is chiefly remembered for a bloody, despotic reign that contributed to Kirigakure being well known as the "Bloody Mist".

     Fun fact: To prevent the jinchūriki from turning traitor, it is a tradition for the host to be selected from the family of the village's own Kage. Due to this, Yagura may have been connected to one of the previous Mizukage.

     When you were permitted to enter his office, you walked in. 

     A young adult, though rather short for his age. He had short, messy, grey hair, which fell over the right side of his face and spiked up on the left. He also had pupilless pink eyes and what seemed to be a stitch-like scar running from under his left eye, all the way down his cheek. His attire included a grey, sleeveless shirt with the Kiri forehead protector attached to the front, as well as short-sleeved mesh armor, which he wore a green poncho. He also wore a turquoise sash around his waist, paired with a matching green apron over his pants and a pair of brown boots. 

     "What a surprise, what brings you here?" Yagura asked between chuckles when he spotted you between his paperwork.

     "Well, Lord Mizukage, I was wondering if you've eaten yet, " you answered. He checked the time and bit his lip when he heard his stomach grumble, signifying his hunger.

     "Oh, I hadn't even noticed it's already noon." he murmured.

     "I'll be taking that as a no," you sauntered towards his desk, with a basket in hand. Your soft footsteps echoed throughout the room. "Darling, you've got to take care of yourself. I made some lunch for you, if your too busy I can leave."

     He held your wrist before you could even walk away. "It's all right, you can stay." as those words slipped out of his lips a heavy coat of red washed over his face. He shuffled some of the finished paperwork off his desk to make some room for you. You pulled out a seat next to him and started taking out the contents of the box. Nothing special, just Kiri yogurt; yogurt made in Kiri. Simple grilled cheese with the bread from Kiri's markets. Thankfully the food was still warm and the yogurt was still good.

     When both of you started eating, silence overtook the air, a comfortable one. Yagura had thanked you multiple times than you could even count. You knew growing up he never had someone like you made him meals let alone was worried about his health considering his rank and name as jinchuriki of the three tails. Every day he wondered how did he get such a caring and innocent girl like you.

     As you were deep in thought you didn't realize that not even one fraction of a second he took his eye off you. His heart swelled with immense pride just by looking at you. A smile dusted his features as he admired you.

     "What?" you asked, swallowing a piece of grilled cheese.

     He shook his head as he cast a gaze downward.

     "Okay then..." you hummed out, returning the smile as you smiled back. A few moments of silence soon continued to pass. 

     "Looks like I should get going." you chuckled when you two finished eating. You gathered the dirtied dishes. You made your way to the door.

     "(Y/n), do you mind staying a little longer?" Yagura asked, his eyes looking back at you with papers in his calloused hands. You looked back at him and nodded; your hand letting go of the doorknob before you take a sit on the purple couch against the wall. Grabbing a book from your bag you read in silence. The only exception was the faint chirps of birds outside the window behind Yagura's desk. It felt and was peaceful.

     Occasionally, your (e/c) orbs would peek over to your love, who's busy reading the papers he's given. You returned to your book, eyes scanning at each word, sentence, and paragraph. Without noticing, noon has turned to night and he's finished all his duties and assignments as Mizukage.

     "(Y/n), come on let's go home. I'm done with today." he stood before you. You shoved your book back into your bag as Yagura examined you. "You look fairly bored, is everything all right?" he observed, his eyes boring into yours as he puts down his club with unevenly sized hooks, which bared a green flower on the larger end.

     You shrunk under his stare. "Sorry, I zoned out there for a moment." you apologized, cursing yourself internally, blaming yourself as usual. 

     Once you stood up, Yagura shared one last smile before he leans his face closer to yours, just until you feel his lips brushing against yours; your face exploded into multiple shades of red. You really can't believe what was happening, you never imagined him doing this. His formal, outspoken, and composed in an almost diplomatic manner was to blame for this. You were amused and incredibly flustered.

    His lips moved against yours softly. His actions, his lips, they were all so gentle. He lifted his hand to tuck a piece of hair behind your ear as you began to kiss back, leaning close against him.

     "L-lord Mizukage..." a guard croaked out as the sounds of scrolls, pens, and books dropping down on the floor was audible. Quickly, you both pulled away and Yagura shot a glare at the guard, obviously blaming him for ruining the moment while you averted your gaze from him and the guard. "I'm sorry, Sir. I'll leave now."

     Once the guard left; the door closing to signify that there was only you and Yagura in the room, your head lifted back up to look at him. "So," you started. "You asked for me to stay here so you can kiss me. Am I wrong?" you asked, smiling.

    He coughs slightly, he of course can never lie, for it's the truth. "Yes, that's true."

     "You cutie." you cooed, laying a hand over his cheek before he pulled you in on a hug.

     "Thank you," he whispered.

     "For?"

     "Everything." you smiled as he ran his fingers down your straight hair, trying to undo every tangle.

1053 words 

(-﹏-)

Not gonna lie it's actually 1 am at my place when I wrote this.