024 | 𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊~𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍

Inspired by Toph from A: TLA

     He himself was hailed as the "God of Shinobi" for his unmatched ninja prowess. Hashirama sought peace for the shinobi world, and to that end founded Konohagakure with his clan, his childhood friend, and rival: Madara Uchiha and the Uchiha clan. He would later become the First Hokage of Konohagakure.

     Fun fact: According to the databook(s), his hobbies were bonsai and wood sculpting. Guess that explains some part of the wood release.

     I fingered with the fabric bag my mom knitted a few days back. It was one of the beige ones, the yarn was bought in one of the finest markets in the Leaf. My family's not rich, but my mother spares no expense in knitting.

     How did you know the color? Well, your mom told you the color, other than that, you're also familiar with the yarns your mom used. Even though you can't use your sight, your other senses have matured. You can use all of them in a way that almost made people question whether if you're actually blind or not.

     You ran your fingers through the fabric bag, it was smooth and soft as usual. You tried not to damage the bag in any way as possible knowing that your mother made it with her own two hands. 

     The wind blew by making a whoosh sound as it ran through the streets of Konoha. Calm and peaceful; other than people's gossips that were audible throughout the streets and young children playing, that's how it felt. So tranquil. The wind was comforting that day.

     You were older and more enough, you were a shinobi. Crazy, isn't it? Many once underestimated you for your gender, clan, and most of all, your blindness. It felt as if one just closed your eyes and put a sealing jutsu on it so it's shut for your whole life. But, if you ever had one wish, is that to re-live that one day where the people in the village finally respected you for everything that you are. 

     It all happened when your clan was ambushed by the outsider village. When people still thought you were the helpless girl you were. Regardless of their comments, you fought back using your other senses. You call it seismic sense (reminds you of anything?) you can "see" and "feel" even the most minute seismic vibrations in the earth, be it the presence of trees or the march of ants several meters away. Just like how Lord First's brother Tobirama can sense chakra.

     While you were deep in thought, you accidentally bumped into something or someone considering how human it felt. You swiftly pulled back and regained your position. "Forgive me, I wasn't really paying attention." you apologized,

     "No worries, I'm sorry as well." it was a man, I could tell by his voice. It was a man with a strong chakra, so he must be someone important. He then walked away and you can tell by his chakra. His footsteps faded, except some of the whispers from the surrounding people around you, despite your attempts of ignoring them, one caught your attention. 

     "She was talking to Lord Hokage! And didn't even bat an eye! How disrespectful!"

     "She's blind, how could she tell?"

     "Yeah, but can't she use her seismic sense or whatnot?"

     The conversation left your head. You were talking to Hokage Hashirama. They just confirmed it. Embarrassment filled you, you treated him like any other civilian. Your mom would probably punish you for being extremely arrogant. A low groan slipped out of your lips, all you were hoping was that so he doesn't say anything bad about your clan. 

     Everyone loves him. He's supposed to be kind.

     He did seem polite, unlike his stern brother, who always spoke bluntly about most topics, never sugar-coating facts. Immersed in shame and humiliation to the conversation you heard, you frowned as you buried your face in your hands. 

     You reached a park, certain it was one of the ones you'd visit after or before missions since you can sense each tree's placements, bushes, and benches. You sat down on a wooden bench, the wood was smooth. You tried guessing what the type was as you continued caressing the wooden bench. It should be night or afternoon by that time since you could also sense the heat temperatures around you. To buy your time, you went over the groceries you just bought; Spinach, carrots, potatoes. You're versed in knowing which is which, your senses were to thank for that.

     The temperature felt different, it was cold now. The cold temperature, the owls and bugs chirping, and your desire to go home and wash up just so you're permitted by your mom to lay in a piece of cloud-like furniture in your room humans call a bed with a cup of hot cocoa. There's no doubt in your mind that it's night time.

     You stood up and walked out of the park, dusting off some dirt if some were stuck to you. However, being blind has its pros too. For one, you didn't have to care about your looks that much, though when in public, you always tried to clean yourself up if anyone important happens to walk nearby. Like the Hokage maybe. Your memory served you right again as it guided you to the place you've called home your whole life.

     "Excuse me." you turned in the direction of the voice. I was the man from earlier. "You're the man from earlier, aren't you? I'm sorry for being disrespectful earlier today." you gave a shallow bow.

     "No, don't. It's fine." he apologized. Just by using your senses, you can tell a lot about someone. This man, he has a strong chakra, maybe because of his kekkei Genkai. He's six feet tall. Waist-length hair. "I'm actually here to give you something."

     He handed you a bouquet, you could tell by the scent.

     "I've always been so fascinated by you and your skills to "see" regardless of you being born blind. I'd like to get to know you more." the voice, it sounded cheerful and pleasant to listen to. 

     You took the flowers, "Thank you. My name is (Y/n), I'd like to get to know you better as well."

     "My name is Hashirama, please don't get offended by my rank though, please I beg of you." he pleaded.

     "You're the Hokage, correct? Don't worry it doesn't affect my opinion on you." you smiled, your voice filled with confidence.

     "That's good to hear," he paused, you were clueless of why he did so. "How about a bite tomorrow, to talk perhaps?" he finished.

     You stayed silent for a while, this is the first time you've eaten with someone who's not your average ninja or civilian. This is the Hokage you're talking to!

    "Yes, that'd be wonderful." He then left, the same way he did earlier. For once in a long time, you felt joy.

1210 words

(oωo)

Finally got to re-watch a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender again, oh, the nostalgia. When I was watching a few episodes in Ba Sing Se, I had this urge to write about one of the most badass girls in the series: Toph. And so, this happened.