FOURTEEN

The Dress

  "AHH IVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Emaline tackled the young McKinnon girl to the ground

  "AHH IVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Emaline tackled the young McKinnon girl to the ground. "Oh and what a lovely home you got here!" Emaline said as she finally gotten up from the ground to admire the McKinnon home. It wasn't much, but it was everything that the family could've asked for. The kitchen was a deep forest green colored, with plants, mostly likely succulents and all sorts of other plants around the home. There was a long wooden table where the whole family eats, the window along was even frammed wooden, as yellow silky pastel curtains hanged off of. The home was very comforting in all senses, the smell of rain and firewood strong all around. It was a well intoxicated smell in Emaline's opinion.

    "Wow, can I see your room?" Emaline asked as she finally finished off gazing up the downstairs of the house. "Sure Cmon." As Emaline greeted the McKinnon family, Gracie could tell that they liked her, her brothers maybe even like her a little too much. Gracie gave both her brothers Luke and Justin a warning glare, which they both gladly continued on ignoring. Gracie shut the door on them, not wanting them to bother one another, especially not Emaline. This was pretty much her first friend, she's definitely not going to let her two idiotic brothers to get in the way of her very first friendship. Gracie looked over to the brunette, she went straight towards the girls closet. "Hmm do you not have any gowns?" Emaline asked lightly. "Gowns? What would I need gowns for, are we going to a ball?" Gracie asked confusedly. Emaline rolled her eyes at the girl. "Well I'm not but you are! Jeez Grace did you really forget that you're going to the Black Ball?!" Gracie frozed, then finally regaining her memory of promising Sirius that she'd attend the Black Ball with him.  "Er um yeah kinda." Gracie mumbled, now getting nervous of the thought of meeting the whole Black family. Pureblood lovers. No. He who shall not be named lovers. Gracie thought. "Oh well get up you git! We need to go out and buy you a new dress!" Emaline exclaimed as she drags her blonde friend down the stairs.

     As they try to make it out the door, they were spotted by Marlene and Lily Evans who was also staying over at the Mckinnons house for the summer. "Where are you going?" Marlene asked. "Oh no time cmon and let's go out a buy a dress for Gracie since she doesn't have one!" Before Marlene could even respond, Emaline had grabbed the other blonde as she also gave Lily a look for her to just follow. It was only a moment before they found the four girls in a shop looking for a gown for Gracie. "So when is this event?" Asked Lily.  Gracie chuckled nervously, "it's actually tonight." Gracie replied. Both Marlene and Emaline had stopped on their tracks to look over at Gracie with a glare. "Ugh how dare you not remember that you were going to the Black ball today!" Emaline yelled once again. "Oh hush keep your voice down, we're in a store for merlins sake." Gracie said annoyed.

    The girls went through stacks on stacks on stacks of dresses. The three girls tried their best to find the perfect dress for Gracie, and at first she didn't really mind on to what she would be wearing to the ball. Well that was until Emaline had many times to reassure her that this was the Black Ball that she would be going too, and that she had to at least look presentable. Gracie had scoffed at first, but then later on realized that Emaline was right. She had to prove this family, that she does not need to be a pureblood to at least look elegant. So, she at least tried to look for a nice dress that could not only suit Gracie, but the whole Black family.

   "Ooooh this ones nice." Emaline said as she tossed over the dress onto Gracies arms. "Alright I've got more than 500 dresses on my arms, could we at least try them on before my arms fall off?" Gracie exclaimed as she tries her best to manage to hold all the heavy dresses in her arms. Lily had offered some help, Gracie smiled. She had always appreciated the girl, and she could not help but at least to be fascinated with her beauty. Lily Evans was gorgeous.

    Gracie went in and out of the dressing room with different dresses to see if any of them met the girls approvals. It took only fifteen minutes for Gracie to find a dress that was not only elegant, but also comfortable. It was a strapless dress that was wrapped beautifully around Gracies body. Very sparkly, that she might even shined as bright as the moon once it gets dark. 'I guess we'll have to see' Gracie thought. "Well I actually like this dress." Gracie said as she walked out the tiny room. She looks up to see not only Emaline's but all the girls with their jaws dropped. "Is everything alright?" Gracie asked slowly. "IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?! YES EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT. Wow. That dress looks beautiful on you Grace just wow."  Emaline went on and she gotten up to examine the dress some more.

  "Looks like this dress was made for you Gracie." Lily commented as she to examines the dress that's plastered on the young blondes body.

    "No I think this dress is made for her." Claimed Marlene.

    "So this is the one?" Gracie asked.

   All the girls looks at one another, before looking back at Gracie with aggressive head nods of 'yes'. Gracie let out a sigh of relief, "Good, now let's go get me ready. It's almost time for the ball." Gracie said as she goes back to take off the dress to finally buy it. She had a smile on her face, Gracie was happy with the choice she's made. She enjoyed the dress.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Finally, I thought I would be sitting on the chair for years for me to finally be ready." Gracie complained as she clapped on her shoes. They were white heels, with a bunch of lace that would be wrapping around her feet, it had matched well with the dress. "So do I look presentable?" Gracie asked as she stands straight in front of the girls. "You look gorgeous" Lily said as she examines the girl. "Thanks Lils, it's a nice complement coming from you." Gracie said as she looked over at the other two girls for their approval. "I'm living for this dress, Grace you look so nice!" Emaline smiles up and down at her best friend. Marlen beamed at the girl as she goes on for a hug. "Try not to steal my man Grace." Whispered Marlene. 'Woah' Gracie thought.  Marlene McKinnon had just refuted Sirius Black as 'her man'. Gracie grinned at the older sister. "Compare to you and the other girls out there. Never." Gracie said.

    As they broke apart, the doorbell had ranged with it could only mean one thing. Sirius was here to take Gracie McKinnon to the Black ball. Gracie palms had immediately began to sweat, she was nervous for how this night was going to turn out, but she had still kept her guard up and her head held up high. She opened the door to see Sirius open his mouth agape before looking at Gracie up and down. "Oh yeah my brother would finally admit he's whipped once he sees you." Sirius chuckles as Gracie give him a confused but stilled face. "Nice to see you too." She said. Sirius made eye contact with Marlene, then had winked at her "don't worry, I'll keep lil sis safe just for you." He said as he tangles his arm with Gracies.

  "Now, are we ready to go?" Sirius asked as they walk to the carriage.

  "Nope, but let's get this thing over with." Gracie said as she went in.
<3<3<3