FOUR

Yellow

   It's the next day and Gracie got potions class first with slytherin

   It's the next day and Gracie got potions class first with slytherin. She rolls off her bed as she grabs her favorite sweater and puts it one over her blouse, along with her platted skirt and grey legging to go along with it.  She heads into the potions classroom and sits next to a nice girl who seems to be in gryffindor. "Hi my names Emaline! Emaline Ruthless." Emaline says as she shakes Gracies hand. "Hmm you don't look too ruthless. Are you sure you're ruthless?" Gracie questions the girl. "Oh silly it's just my maiden name, I'm not actually ruthless I like to think as myself very welcoming." Emaline states. "Nice to know. Now hey how come I've never seen you around the Gryffindor table after all these years?" Gracie asks. "Oh me and my friend Tatum don't really like to put ouselves out there, so we're just sit back on the far part of the table." Emaline states clearly. Gracie just nods then goes back onto reading ahead of what they're learning in class.
    During class Gracie was full on concentrated with the lesson. She wasn't very well in positions, so she liked to at least tries to  understand what goes on in here. She didn't even notice that Emaline was trying to get Gracies attention. "What" Gracie whispers softly, trying not to interrupt Slughorns speech. "Tell me why the very attractive slytherin boy can not keep his eyes off you?" Emaline asks with the same voice tone as Gracies. "I-I don't know now." Gracie states clearly as she look up at the classroom, just to get caught into those green eyes as she did on the Hogwarts express. Emaline was right, a slytherin boy was staring right at here. And it was the one with those green eyes that she longed for.  Regulus Arcturus Black was staring right at Gracie McKinnon's blue eyes. Which he had too longed for.

    As Gracie made her way into the Great Hall  looking for her sister long with her friends to sit with, she caught the attention of the youngest black family member once again. Regulus Black could not keep this eyes off the young McKinnon girl, nor could he get her out of his mind. And he wondered why. Why on earth was he replying the time he first layer eyes on her in the train, and why couldn't he keep his eyes off whenever she's around? He didn't know, and he wasn't sure if he was allowed to know given the fact that he comes from a prejudice home.

  Where is she? Gracie thoughts she could not find her sister anywhere, and she do sure did not want to sit alone with regulus eyes stick on her. " I'm sorry do you mind if I sit with you, I cannot find my sister anywhere and I really do not want to sit alone an- oh uhm hello. I'm sorry am I interrupting?" Gracie asked, as she sat down next to Emaline. Emaline shakes her head "oh no of course not. Um Gracie this is Tatum, Tatum this is Gracie my new friend that I was talking to you about." Gracie raises her eyes a bit. New friend. She smiles at the thought that she had made a friend, maybe two since she's meeting a new one at the moment, oh god 'Andrew is going to be happy' Gracie thought. "Hi" Tatum gives Gracie a welcoming wave, you could definitely tell that he is one shy fellow. "Hello, now I'm going to ask again are you sure I'm not interrupting anything?" Gracie asks carefully. Tatum shakes his head shyly, "No believe me Grace when I say that. Me and Tate were just talking about some muggle books, he just can't believe that I say that 'The Great Gatsby' is the best classic novel out there." Emaline exclaims prideful. Tatum rolls his eyes "Ugh Em you know that you definitely wrong, and should now know that the best book is 'The Invisible Man'!" Tatum shouts as Emaline pushes Tatum playfully. Tatum is definitely not shy around Emaline. Gracie observed as she smiles at the cute couple. "Oh how long have you two been dating for?" Gracie asks. Both Tatum and Emaline get flushed as they both also look down at their meal. "We're not dating." Says Tatum shyly. "OH" I shout. "I mean oh I'm sorry. I thought, you two wer-. Jeez this is why I'm not in ravenclaw." Gracie says as she palms he head.  Tatum let's put a chuckle, meanwhile Emaline is still a bit flushed. "It's alright don't worry about it." Tatum says as he hits onto his mashed potatoes. "Anyways! So tell me Grace what is going on between you and that cute slytherin boy?" Emaline asks. "Cute boy?! Oh your boyfriend?" Tatum says alarmed. Merlins beard, I guess this is what I get for accusing them for dating. I've already assured Em that nothing is happening between me and Regulus. Only told her about the encounter on the Hogwarts express, and nothing else because was there anything else to tell? "Like I said before, nothing is going on between me and Regulus." I state as I play around with my food. Tatum stares at me " Regulus as in Regulus black?" He asks. "Yes" I reply. Tatum nods still maintaining eye contact with me "As in the Regulus Black who is staring at you right at this moment?" Tatum asks again. I give Emaline wide eyes. "Nothing going on there huh?" She asks cheekfully. I shake my head, and slowly turn my head over to the slytherin table. Once again I am staring at Regulus, having those queer little staring competitions that we have. I give him a confusing look, and with that he goes back down to eat his meal. This is all so confusing I thought.

    After lunch lunch it's my free period, and with that I usually to go back to my dorm and write back to my mom and Andrew, but today I found myself walking around Hogwarts, wondering why Regulus keeps staring at me every time he gets the chance. "Hey" "Oh bloody hell!" I shout as I gasp for a bit of air. I look up to see Regulus giving me both a shocked and happy expression to my reaction. I glare at him and punch him on the shoulder. "Ow what was that for?" He asks offended. "What do you think you're doing going around Hogwarts and scaring people like that?! And starting! Oh gosh don't get me started on the staring." I shout at him, as he looks down at the floor with the last part of what I said. "Yeah sorry about that, the staring too. I well I don't really know what to say about that." Regulus said while scratching the back of his head. I shrug "Well I could give you a picture, I mean it will last you longer. " I said looking down at my shoes. He laughed. 'Oh how cute that laugh' was I thought.

     "Where were you going?" He asks. I look up at him "To be honest I don't know where, I was just thinking abo-" I paused looking right at him, then carefully go back to what I was saying. "Life." I mumble. "And how is it?" He asks. "It alright. A little bit surprising but it's going just fine." He nodded. "And what is surprising may I ask?" I stare at him for awhile then replied "Nothing." He raises his eyebrows at me. I just nod then said "You. I was thinking about why you care to speak to me." He moves adjusts his body awkwardly then said "Right. Can I not speak to you?" I nod my head. "No yeah just. Why?" I ask. "Can I not try to make conversation with you? Can we not be friends?" I raise my eyes at him. 'He wants to become friends?!' I thought. I shake my head no but said "Of course we could be friends, but are you okay with that?" "Why wouldn't I be okay with that McKinnon?" He asks raising one eyebrow. "I don't know." I mumble. "Then okay it's settled." I give him a confused look. "We're friends!" He said shrugging. I stare at him in shock but then smiled and nodded my head.  "Okay soooo what's your favorite color?" He asks. "What?" "Well if I'm going to be friends with we I have to know you don't I?" He states confidently. I nod and admire where this is going. "Yellow." I finally replied. Regulus smiled.
<3<3<3