SIXTEEN

THE QUIDDITCH DREAM

It's been weeks since the young McKinnon attended the Black Ball, it is now time to go back to school

It's been weeks since the young McKinnon attended the Black Ball, it is now time to go back to school. She was now entering her 5th year at Hogwarts, and Gracie is now excited as ever. She didn't used to be happy to go back attending this wizarding school, but this year is different and that's because this time she got herself some new friends. Sure she was not speaking to Regulus at the moment, but at least she still got Emaline and Tatum.

  Emaline had stayed over at the McKinnon home for the whole summer, but left towards the end to prepare herself for the new school year. The two girls had an amazing summer, but Gracie could not help but to feel a little down ever since what went down on the night of the Ball. Regulus words kept repeating over and over in the girls head, but when Emaline's around she had simply forgotten the boys words, and that made Gracie feel grateful to have a friend like Em. She always knows her self worth and simply forgets all her boy troubles. 'This is what I need to get through this year.' Gracie thought as she entered the Hogwarts Express.

   "Gracie it's nice to see you, how you been?" Asked Tatum as the girl entered the compartment. Gracie smiled at the dark brunetted boy, "I've been well, how about you?" Tatum groaned, as he went on and on about how Brown wouldn't leave him alone over the summer. Gracie only smiled and nodded along his words, but she grew to be uncomfortable as Emaline just sat there looking out of the window. Soon, Tatum finally quite down then Gracie decided to go on all about her summer, minus the part of what happened at the Ball. Gracie went back home with watery eyes, she vented to Emaline saying how 'boys suck' as Emaline only comforted her. The three Gryffindors sat there chatting up, as the train head them over for another year at Hogwarts.

    Meanwhile, on the over side of the train Regulus sat uncomfortably in his seat as he stared at the photograph in his head. It was a Live Photo of Gracie smiling as leaves piled down on her hair. Emaline had sent this photo after her loud howler that was sent to the Black Manor over the summer. Emaline was crossed with Reg for what he had said to her best friend. Regulus had gotten in a lot of trouble that summer, not only from his mother or Emaline, but from himself. He was mad at himself for telling off Gracie like that, he was very mad at himself for letting a great girl like her get slipped off from his hands. Gracie McKinnon was a great friend to Reg, and he just could not believe that he had just pushed her away.
——————Over at Hogwarts———————

    Gracie sighed as she sat in the library quietly studying, it was only the first week and she already had a lot of assignments to due. But she didn't really mind since she needed something to clear off her head, she was still thinking about Regulus. That angered her. 'How could a boy just make her feel like this?' Gracie thought angrily. "Woah what did that paper ever do to you?" Someone asked from behind. She turned around to see a tall Gryffindor boy with brown wavy locks. Gracie checked over her surroundings making sure that it was her that he was talking to. "Yeah you." He sat himself down next to her, their knees touching.