TWENTY SIX

UNWANTED

It was the last weekend of Gracie's fifth year at Hogwarts, and she had been spending the last Saturday morning in bed.

She felt angry. Angry at Regulus for filling her up with so much excitement and so much love, and all of that just to be taken away right after the moment that they had shared. Of course she was angry at him. She couldn't even bare to say his name in her head. He just now went by "toe-rag". Not even that, but she felt some sort of resentment coming from her best friend as well. This end of the year couldn't had gotten worse with just the way it is. Gracie wanted it all to be over.

Now, she was the only one left in the girl dormitory. Emmaline didn't even mention that she was heading over to get breakfast, and she always did. Gracie couldn't even cry, she felt as if she was just hit with the Glacius charm. She was just cold and still. Not being able to let out a single tear.

She was resting in bed when a soft knock sound came from the door. It was strange since this room was required to all girls, neither of them had to knock for permission to get in. Unless it wasn't a girl. Gracie gotten up with her blanket and headed over to open the door, and as she did she sees Tatum standing there with a plate of her usual breakfast meal.

"Tat-"

"Gracie let me in before any one comes sees me. NOW!"

"Oh! Uh come in." She opened the door wider and shut it as soon as Tatum had stepped in.

"Got you your usual. Emmaline entered the the Hall without you, and she didn't bare to speak or to look at me so I was hoping that you would come in soon. When you didn't I simply figured that you were with Regulus, but he was there looking more depressed then ever." Tatum ranted off then stopped as he saw the look on Gracie's face.

"Oh, did something happened between you two?" He asked with true concern.

"He sent a letter saying what he usually says when something serious happens between us, but I think this time he really want me to back off." Gracie spoke tiredly. Although she had gotten plenty of sleep before what happened, she couldn't help but to be tired with all of this.

"Really? After even when you two well did what you did." Tatum said awkwardly.

"Shagged Tatum. You can say it because it's true." Now she sounded angry.

"Are you sure it wasn't more than that?"

"Well obviously he didn't" She shoved the letter over to Tatum as if it was burning her.

He read the short letter, and made a both questioning and angry face. "I'm gonna go talk to him." Tatum grumbled.

Gracie quickly reached out "No! Don't! Please."

"Why? All of a sudden you don't want to be with him? You broke up with a handsome bloke for him!" Tatum 's voice slightly grew louder.

Gracie winced "I know! But it would've been over with me and Sonnian sometime. First relationships don't really last long."

"Why not try again with Reg-"

"Because I'm done trying! Every time I try he always pushes me away, and ignores me for the following week of course stops when I come running back and convinces him. Well I'm done convincing." Gracie sat on her bed, Tatum walked over to sit with her a couple moments later.

"I'm sorry. I guess you're write. It just sucks because I see how much you guys like each other, and you guys not even being together feels wrong." Gracie shook her head at Tatum's words.