EIGHTEEN

Friends again...

Many weeks, games, thoughts, and no talk have passed into Gracies 5th year. It's been about a month without speaking to Regulus Black. The two only share stolen glances that slightly annoyed both Tatum and Emaline. Tatum only bothered of not being able to speak to Regulus for him not wanting to speak with Gracie; but both him and Reg knew how that was only false information. Emaline being upset with Grace for thinking back to the boy her hurt her. He rejected her, so why was Emaline going to let her friend go back to him? Or so, why did Emaline even send the boy a photo of her best friend. Did she really want them to be together? Thought Emaline. 'No, it's too late' she concluded.

   Well the two girls were in their dorms getting ready for their dates. Only if it were with the boys they wanted.

   Gracie got herself a date with Sonnian Wood, she has thought of him very fondly, but for some reason she would always find herself comparing the boy with Regulus. She thought that maybe going out with Sonnian that she would finally get over with her feelings towards the slytherin boy. 'Hopefully' Gracie hoped.

   "Oh Emmy you look just stunning!" Gracie complemented.

    Emaline smiled "thank you oh and so do you! Sonnian is really going to whipped once he sees you." Emaline smirked.

   Gracie examined herself in the mirror once more. She was wearing a green floral summer dress, it fitted the young girl like a glove. Although the dress did seem a little short, Gracie had topped the dress off with a short jean jacket. Gracie looked stunning as well.

    "Well I've got to get going Ems, wouldn't want to keep Sonny waiting any longer." Gracie grabbed her bag and added a couple more things in case if she needed; her wand for example, because you really don't know what to expect when you know who is running around freely. Gracie just wanted to come prepare for a fight, no matter how bad she is at it.

   "Okay take care , and please use protection!" Emaline yelled from the bathroom.

    Gracie rolled her eyes, "SHUT UP EM!" Gracie yelled as she slammed the dorm room jokingly.

____________________________________

Gracie and Sonnian Wood went on their date. In fact, these two have been going out on numerous dates with each other. Although, neither of them had actually made it official. The thing is that Gracie wasn't so sure if this is what she really wanted. As much of she likes this brunetted boy, there is this one thing that stops her from being with him. But she simply does not know what that one thing is.

   On the other hand, Sonny does truly have a thing for Gracie it is just that he's got plenty of other things in his mind. Well it's only one thing, but it takes up his mind like a wildfire, and that is quidditch.

     The walled hand in hand around the hogsmeade village. A couple of candy bags were in the other. They were both having a great time. Sonnian had finally been talking about something else other than quidditch, but that had only lasted less than a couple of five minutes. She had really hoped that he could be talking about anything other than quidditch, but she really does love spending time with this boy. Emaline had even called her for being 'whipped', but Gracie was still not sure.

      "Oh and there was this one time when the buldger hit the back of my head. OH HOW BAD THAT HU- oh darling are you even listening?" Sonny question with concerned eyes on the blonde.

     "What? Oh no, please continue. I didn't mean to sidetrack." Gracie shock her head as she smiled 'brightly'.

   Sonny continued on with other stories associated with quidditch.
____________________________________

     Their date had finally come to an end, Gracie was now on her way to the Gryffindor common room. Sonny had gone over his plan for the next game to his other teammates since he had already discussed his plan with Grace, she decided to walk herself back into her dormitories. 

     "Oh geez sorry!" Gracie bumped into someone on her way into her dorm. It was Regulus Black.

    "No no it's alright it was my fau-"  Regulus stopped himself, finally seeing who he was speaking too.

     "Oh." Regulus let out.

     "Oh? I hope you mean that as a good thing." Gracie expressed sarcastically. Regulus shook his head, and stepped a bit closer.

    "No no sorry that's not what I meant." Said Regulus.

    "Then what do you mean?" Gracie asked impatiently. Regulus was taken back.

   "You know what I mean Regulus. So my question is just, why?". Gracie tried her best to sound strong, but deep down she wanted to cry out her questions, only so she could finally get her answer.

  Regulus said nothing.
   Gracie shook her head. "You know what never mind!" Gracie tried to walk always, but was held back once Regulus gotten a hold of her hand.

    "Gracie wait! I- I."
   "You what?" Gracie asked sternly.
Regulus sighed.
   "I have no explanation for what happened at the night of the ball. But I do know is that." Regulus words came out shakily, but he stopped to compose himself for a moment.

      "I just want us to be friends again. I've missed you Grace, and I can see how happily you're doing without me. You're on the quidditch team with your new boyfriend! Yes I know! BUT!" Regulus sighed once more squinting his eyes.

    "I miss you. And I miss our friendship. I am so sorry for ruining that but please give me a second chance to be your friend. I don't ever even beg like this!" Gracie let out her nervous laugh.

    They stared at each other. Gracie with her watery eyes, and Regulus with his pleading ones. They've missed each. A lot. That is why Gracie accepted Regulus request. So, they continued that night together with catching up. Gracie was walking in the pale moonlight once again, but this time she wasn't alone. This time, she was with Regulus.

    Although, that they're not together how they both actually wanted to be. 'More than friends'. They were still very happy to be on good terms once again. We could only hope that neither of them would mess this up once again. Regulus took a silently plead not to later that night. The two were finally friends again.
<3<3<3