TWENTY THREE

Preoccupied

They were back on good terms. Smiles were passed across the hall, small talks, and a little bit of flirting between the two. Everything was going quite well, Gracie was not reminding herself of how of a 'horrible' person she is for what's she's done.

Instead, she's sending bad looks towards Julia Brown with herself clinging onto Tatum. Gracie, Emaline, and Tatum were just hanging around outside, when Julia came asking to take Tatum away. Now, Emaline is having to watch Julia flirt her way to get with Tatum.

"I don't see what he sees in her." Emaline said with disgust.

"Well, I don't think he sees anything really. I mean, he looks so... awkward." Gracie stared at the two. Julia's hand is placed on Tatums shoulder, he tries to back away but with every move, Julia moves closer. Emaline is getting angrier with every minute, sending the two glares that could maybe cut one of them if she keeps going. Tatum and her stare for a second, him signaling a 'help me' look then Em only replied with the roll of her eyes and a scoff.

"I really need to get out of here." Emaline said ignoring Tatums confused gaze from across the courtyard.

"Sure, want to head back to the common room?" Gracie asked.

"Anywhere away from here please." Emaline began to walk away, still having Tatums confused gaze on her.

Gracie felt bad, they both obviously had feelings for each other. Here's Emaline thinking that he had liked anyone besides her, which you'll see that it's the exact opposite. Had she not seen the way he looks at her? Or how he was uncomfortable with Julia's presence? Tatum Rudd had fancied Emaline for awhile now, so why hadn't neither of them said anything?

"Everything alright there?"

Gracie and Emaline had entered the Gryffindor common room, Emaline throwing herself onto the couch, and with Gracie sitting on the floor. Remus Lupin was sitting on the single chair in the room.

"Hey Remus." Gracie smiled.

"Hey Grace, andd..." Remus looked at a Gracie for help.

"It's Emaline." Emaline groaned from the pillow.

"Emaline, great what's going on?" Remus put his book away turning his full attention to the brunette who's face was in a pillow.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Emaline's muffled voice was heard through the air.

"Are we sure abou-" Remus began but was cut off by Emaline.