Old Memories

"That food you made for lunch was great Turtle." Goku complimented. "We are almost stuffed."

"Almost." Venom added in. "We still have room for you too."

"Yeah sure you do." Turtle signed. At this point, Turtle must of realized that Venom was all talk when it came to his 'cannibalistic' nature.

"Hey Master Roshi? When are we going to learn martial art moves?" Goku asked his master.

"Yeah, I was wondering the same thing." Launch stated, eyeing the old hermit sternly.

"Look guys, I bet Master Roshi has a very good reason for just making us perform different chores around the island." Krillin said. "Isn't that right Master Roshi?"

"You are correct Krillin." Roshi confirmed. "None of you have the body and endurance to learn martial arts, at least not in its truest way."

"Yer one to talk, how old are you anyway? Eighty-seven?" Launch asked.

"Actually I am over three hundred years old." Roshi said, nearly impressing everyone at the lunch table.

"What no way?!" Launch said, a little in disbelief.

"That explains a lot." Krillin said.

"Wow! That makes you the second oldest person in the room." Goku said with amazement. Roshi nearly choked on his tea and had to snort it out of his nose. He was completely taken aback by Goku's comment.

"Second oldest!?!?" Roshi yelled, now finally having the time to breathe. "Is this your idea of a joke Goku?!? Other than a few humans like Master Shen, there are not many people who come close to my age, let alone are older than me!"

"We are not joking at all, we are actually far older than you." Goku confirmed. "Or at least Venom is."

"It's true, we are older than you." Venom stated.

"Really?" Roshi said, trying to get as much details from Venom, considering this is the first that the symbiote had made any mention of his past to anyone. "Then tell me when were you born."

"We do not remember much of our past since Goku bumped our heads, but our oldest memory was fighting a king in black just before the dawn of creation." Venom confirmed. "So we must be older than that."

"BEFORE CREATION!!!!????" Roshi, Krillin, and Launch shouted.

"This is big news!" Roshi exclaimed. "Can you give anymore details of the fight!?"

"We don't remember much, but we remember this." Venom went on. "There were fourteen of us fighting this king. Ourself, eleven other symbiotes, and two different guys. We don't remember what the symbiotes looked like, but the other two beings on our side looked different. One was a small purple child while the other was a short light blue man with a staff and a halo around his head. Together we beat the king in black, but just barely."

"Are there anymore details you can give us?" Krillin asked. "Especially about this king in black."

"We are sorry, but the only other thing we can remember is that the king in black's name started with the letter 'K.'" Venom said lowering his head. "That is all."

"Well, that was quite the history lesson." Krillin said, laying his hands in his cupped hands in a relaxed position. "Never thought Genesis would begin like that."

"Sorry Venom, but I don't believe yer." Launch said shaking her head while taking a sip of some Gatorade. "This all sounds like a bunch of fairy tales to me. What's next? Are you going to climb up a beanstalk and rescue a princess from an armless three headed dragon that breathes electricity? Or are you going to fall in love with a redhead in armor from a local guild?"