Apology

"Launch are you okay?" Venom asked, standing up as he enveloped Goku's body. Most of the staff and customers at the restaurant were shocked that a huge black monster had suddenly appeared, but Venom gave it no thought. His main goal was tending to Launch. All of them looked concerned, even Bulma who was normally was adverse to Venom paying attention to Launch looked scared for the blonde thief.

"God is coming...God is coming..." Pistole said, half frightened, half in a trance. "God is coming...God is coming..."

"SHUT UP!!" Launch screeched at Pistole, making everyone jump up. Even Oolong was startled to where he began to choke on his food. Puar had to pat his back to prevent him from passing out.

"What gives!?" Yamcha complained.

"Launch what is going on?" Krillin asked.

"Launch, what is scaring you and Pistole?" Venom asked worried.

"We need to go now." Pistole and Launch said simultaneously as she jumped off the balcony and began to web swing away.

"Where on Earth is she going?" Yamcha asked.

"Don't tell me Pistole was about to attack us and Launch had to run to prevent herself from causing harm?" Krillin asked.

"No, both our daughter and Launch were spooked about something." Venom explained. "Give her time, she will come back."

"I agree with Venom, we should give her some more space." Master Roshi said. "In the meantime, let's just finish our meal."

"Really?!" Oolong said, after Puar had successfully prevented the humanoid pig from choking to death. "I was busy choking while you dunderheads were paying attention to Launch. What am I chop liver?"

Venom, who usually had something snarky to say just sat down and absorbed himself back into Goku. As Goku finished his meal, Venom stayed silent. His mind fixed on and ever worried about Launch. Something different and horrifying had affected her, and he didn't like it.

"We will get to the bottom of this, one way or another." Venom said to himself and Goku.

Meanwhile, over the city...

Cities, planets, suns. All light being snuffed out. Black dragons descending from the sky. The only light being that of fire consuming nearby fallen structures and corpses. An adult Goku laying lifeless, in a puddle of his own blood. Red eyes looking straight into her own soul.

"Enough!" Launch screamed as she haphazardly swung across the city, struggling to see where she was going as the visions crowded her mind. "Make them stop Pistole!"

"We can't. We have to let the visions play through." Pistole said with sympathy.

"But why is this happening to us!" Launch half cried has she tumbled onto a roof. Luckily it was only a few meters down, so whatever minor injuries she received healed up right away.

"It must be a part of our DNA. Something must have triggered these visions to occur." Pistole answered. "Every symbiote must have this preprogrammed into them."

"Then why now?" Launch said, as she held herself up with one arm. "What in Kami's name could have caused this?"

"What our darling mentioned about before, the King in Black." Pistole said. "That's what must have-"

Another vision skimmed through, this time of a battlefield. A small purple child, a blue haloed man, and twelve symbiotes facing off against a dark figure, whose red eyes were ever present.